Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Wingless by choice.
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have been on the forums for quite a while, (Formerly Eclipset96, on the forums since I guess 2k1) and I just lately got my first Supra. It's and 1988 Toyota Supra NA Auto, Ya ya, I know what your thinking, Slow as crap. Well, I picked up the car for $400 dollars, it had a blown headgasket, snapped rod on #6 and a spun rod bearing. I bought a Jdm Na engine from Soko.com and put it in. The following is the finished product, might I also add, I love it even though its slow.

Oh Nick, Where are you, Oh Nick, I know you wanted to see it, so here it is. Thanks guys, tell me what you think. - Adam

·
Registered
391 Posts
Nice looking car man, i love the color=)
and who cares that it's an NA and auto, it a SUPRA =)
but why didn't u get a 7MGTE since u were replacing the engine anyway?

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
Trowa said:
Nice looking car man, i love the color=)
and who cares that it's an NA and auto, it a SUPRA =)
but why didn't u get a 7MGTE since u were replacing the engine anyway?
id say 300 dollars + is the reason why ;) nice car bro! treat her well!

·
Wingless by choice.
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Nasty as in good, or nasty as in bad, I personally love the gunmetal rims. BTW, Ideal was right, it was actually more like a 600 $ difference, plus I'm a poor highschool student.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Its a pretty darn clean car for that cheap. A gte swap would be alot more than just the extra 600 dollars for the motor. You have to figure all sorts of other parts needed for the swap not to mention all the time it would take. Keep it looking good bro. :bigthumb:

·
Wingless by choice.
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not quite ansky, I wrecked the Eclipse, and sold it to my brother, it was bad enough to where I didn't want to fool with it, parents then bought me a Dodge Stratus. I sold the Stratus, and got the mkiii. Btw the stratus was a 2.4 fwd auto car, and I was saying the engine swap for the turbo engine would have been what I paid for the jdm na engine + 600 so in total about 1300.

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
About damn time you get an MK3!! It's been years since you have been talking to me and finally you get it.. congrats :)

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
Black sawblades look nice... can't wait to get my mk4's black.

·
MА70>MA71>SC400
792 Posts
Nice ride, congrats with a purchase! N/a is still a supra and supra is a shiznit.
Later

·
Wingless by choice.
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Fellas, I appreciate all the comments. Hey Kirk! Ya dude, Thanks alot man, you've helped me with alot of tough questions! TTYL Kirk Bye guys

·
Mr. 2JZUL8R
6,024 Posts
ya man!

our cars look almost the same now! my 89 front end is all open like urs and my paint is similar as well! all i got over u is a turbo engine, 5 speed and Advans! :p so....

:lol: ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts