Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out last weekend and it was a good turn out, more Supra than Civics this time! I was eating subway and a guy and his wife come rollin in in their green Sup. Thought it was a TT of course, but when I introduced myself to Rob and Debbie, They said it was an Auto NA-T. I was like, Yeah Biotch! Finally!!!! So I checked under his hood and he did all the work himself, turbo, electronics, the works. Turns out the car is actually his Wife's. The car is posted at SupraStore.com. It was nice, Running stock internals, stock tranny, he even had the same exhuast as mine. Then I asked him which turbo kit and he told me the Turbonetics with the T04e60 turbo. Weird... the same one I want to buy. That raptor blow off valve sounds sick!!! We did a couple passes through a quiet neighborhood around 1am, the exhaust backfired and shot flames lighting the whole street, damn was that loud and damn that was fast for having 390whp. He's helping me install my kit when it arrives, I cant wait. I at least know the quality and the power this kit produces. Sorry for making this a story, but that night was well worth staying out until 4am. Here's the link with the kit and the car. It's the green Supra. http://www.suprastore.com/sinturconkit.html

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup, next mod he's doing is either upgrading the head gasket or a 5lb bottle of nitrous. I was suprised he had those numbers too. I'm impressed... He was shifting from the Low gear to Drive and the tranny was smooth and everything :bigthumb:

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
That car has been on Suprastore.com for a long time, so I am sure the tranny is holding up fine.

NA-T is awesome.. im loving it so far

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wait so you own an N/A ? Thats pretty cool, I would rather have manuel in that situation if I was buying his car. 390whp...isn't that kinda pushing the limits?

-Dino

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Yeah, Rob said he's done at least 200 passes at the track alsoAnd, 5spd would be cool, but I'll work with what I have. A Supra's a Supra to me, 390whp is enough for me, I dont need 990whp like Dennis down here in AZ. As long as I can beat the majority of the cars on the street, Im happy

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
390 rwhp @ how much boost? Pump gas?

I am going to see what numbers mine could produce on the stock HG on race gas.. I boost 10psi on pump gas with timing retarded down to 5 degrees and still no problems yet.... I am faster than my buddies TT/Single on a PTE63..for now :lol: He's boosting @ 12psi and me @ 10psi and my car is way faster

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think he was on race gas, he says he runs rich and that night we drove around, he was at 11psi, 11.4 to be exact

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Sound like you had a blast :bigthumb:

390rwhp must felt really good.

Is she on stock headgasket? :eek:

·
WilKillya County Sheriff
2,201 Posts
BDT-TT said:
Wait so you own an N/A ? Thats pretty cool, I would rather have manuel in that situation if I was buying his car. 390whp...isn't that kinda pushing the limits?

-Dino
You would rather have a manual in what situation?

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
michaelvanle said:
Hope you ain't an addict, lol, cause I think that's what got Ryan.
think ryan was on stock timing, stock fuel, stock everything pushing like 14 psi

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
still on 58 for now, car runs great. 100% satisfied with the NA-T.... its much much faster than I expected.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts