Supra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I ended up picking up a '97 240sx and doing an S14 SR20DET swap. I was in the market for a Supra but figured at this point in my life I'd be better off with a car that is less expensive but just as much fun. So after a few headaches after the swap I got it on the dyno and at 15lbs she put down 303rwhp and 286rwtq. Not too shabby for a 2700lb car. Here's the dyno at 15 psi. Right after this we cranked it up to 17lbs and it did 317/288. Let me know what you guys think!

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Should be a fun car, I rode in a car similar to yours with a fully built engine----450 RWHP, 9000 rpm redline and stripped down to ~2400lbs!!! :run: :run: It was nasty! Traction was a bit lacking though!

I'm thinking about getting one to setup for road racing. :D

BTW, make sure to use SAE Correction factor next time, that's standard in the US. Your dyno go down up or down after SAE correction, depending on the weather when you did the pull.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah as soon as I saw that the smoothing wasn't on and it said uncorrected I was like damn! Is there a standard setting for smoothing when dynoing or just as long as it's on?

·
Administrator
17,259 Posts
That looks like a really fun setup! Well done. :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
3,466 Posts
Nice, I had a '98 Silver Moss, I love that color!!

I have a 2871R on my current S14, and damn these cars are fun. :)

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice! Any pics of the current S14? How do you like the 2871? I was shopping around looking into getting the 71 but found a killer deal on the 25R so I went with that for now.

·
Former Moderator
3,785 Posts
Nice smooth powerband. The car must be very predictable to drive at the limit. Congrats.

I rode in a similar setup to yours last year and thouroughly enjoyed it.

-Olivier

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Sure is, that's a nice first turbo car to start out with. . .what are the plans?

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Plans for now are to throw some cams in it with springs and retainers then throw some ET Streets on and see what she'll do at the strip. Eventually I plan on stuffing the block with some CP pistons and carrillo rods then slapping on a GT35R and going for some big numbers.

·
Premium Member
3,466 Posts
No pics yet, but hopefully soon.

71R is a FUN turbo, spools very nicely and makes great power. I've been researching numbers to see if mine are on par with stock cams.

Your numbers look great!!

6spdSC4 said:
Nice! Any pics of the current S14? How do you like the 2871? I was shopping around looking into getting the 71 but found a killer deal on the 25R so I went with that for now.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Nice! I have a friend with a similar car. He took me for a ride at about 300 whp or so I'd guess, and it was sweet (I think he made 370 or so on high boost). The lighter weight is very apparent in how the car handles and feels. Your car looks good too -- the JDM front end is mandatory on those cars. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey awesome car, I turbo'd my KA.. hahaha.. I know I am a minority. Anyway, looking good man.. fun cars!

Just to hijack your thread and show alittle 240sx love.... ;)

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice! What exhaust are you running in that last pic? You should check out XAT Racing. They've got a pretty sick KA-T'd S13 240 that they race in Formula D. They actually placed 9th overall in Atlanta. They're the guys who did my swap. 240's FTW!!!!!! Well....at least for the I can't afford a Supra but I want something fun and quick win!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Car looks great. Good work. The Angry Eye's have always been my favorite, looks so sick.

The 240 is probably the Next best Turbo'd/RWD car to have behind a supra.
If ya can't afford a supra at least you can have similar fun with it.

if you are into drag racing at all, Come visit us at Drag240sx.com.

Danny

1 - 17 of 17 Posts