Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
WI-FI FTW, GTFO fuse box!
8,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, my friend he possibly getting scammed. he is not a registred member of SF but he typed the following(borrowd my indentity) he is typing the below statement...
============================================

purchased a supra on ebay claimed to be a bridge to iraq foundation(retired_usmc).the car should have been at my house on saturday march 26,2005 and never got here. they gave me a fake fax number. i deposited half the money into an account so they could send the car to me. ive e-mailed this person for details and a tracking number but got no response.very frustrated pissed and need some help on this situation!:rant:

jt and rene

·
Bench Racer of the Year
692 Posts
Man I am scared to know how much "half the money" is. Have you friend contact E-bay and the feds and see what he can do. He got royally screwed. :(

Good luck,
Brian.

·
8,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:he is sittin here next to me:

we read all six responses and are taking this to heart. what is the best rout to go to have e-bay fight back?(details if possible)

thanx again
-jt

·
Has a slow car
1,321 Posts
jt granberry said:
:he is sittin here next to me:

we read all six responses and are taking this to heart. what is the best rout to go to have e-bay fight back?(details if possible)

thanx again
-jt

Hey fella... Im sorry but yeah that money is long gone!
Before you even think about buying a supra, viper, skyline, and there is another car that is scammed alot but I for get, email the guy and ask him questions about the car! Tell him to get you more pics of the car, if he sends you the same ones that are on his ad then sumthin is up! If you get suspisious(spl) about the whole ad... then tell the guy to get a picture(s) of sumthin random in front of the car or on the car...exp... a shoe, a bicycle or sumthin like that, maybe tell the guy to right a certain phrase out that you come up with onto a sheet of paper and set that in front of the car! That way you know he has the car right there with him! They say that is the best way to get these Fag's!
Also, I know the price was to good to be true....Right? and one other thing go to that ad and see if its gone or cancelled!
Post the link on here of the car that was purchased, so everyone can see, cause I can probably say its some one else's car from USA!

·
Very Senior Member
9,964 Posts
AlpineTT said:
To tell you the truth, ebay probably won't do jack for you, but you can go to their home page and scroll to the bottom and lick security center and go from there. The feds can't do too much if its international. If the seller was in the states, then there might be a chance.
:agreed:
Sad but true.
PT Barnum was right, unfortunately:(

·
8,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
VickSupra said:
:agreed:
Sad but true.
PT Barnum was right, unfortunately:(
oh, boy is he gonna be pissed tommorrow when i tell him this!
thanx-jt

·
Damn Spaniards
2,328 Posts
The money is gone and there is NOTHING you can do about it... eBay will do NOTHING. If you sent a money order, you can track it with the reciept, but if it went overseas, don't even think about getting the money back.

At this point I wouldn't even look to eBay for the purchase of a Supra. 50% of the MKIVs are scams. I hope half, for your friend's sake, isn't like 10-15K...

·
Registered
396 Posts
You live, you learn. Most deals requiring you to send money first is usually a scam, since there is no guarantee the person on the other end will send you anything.

I would only purchase a vehicle with cash in hand, and when i'm sitting in the vehicle with the title.

·
Has a slow car
1,321 Posts
jt granberry said:
oh, boy is he gonna be pissed tommorrow when i tell him this!
thanx-jt

Hey dude, post the link to the ad! I have a good one that I saved in my email of a guy that was in some other country try to sell a supra that I was in a few days before(in Georgia) the listing on ebay! I showed the actual seller the listing and he said he was already working on getting the guy that had the fake ad.. here was an email I sent the dude, knowing that he stole an ad from another seller!
sorry that it is long but it gives you an idea!

From me:
Hello,
>I have a few questions about your Supra. I would like to know if the car is in good running condition. This includes the Engine, Turbos, and Transmission. The car looks to be in very good condition. If you would please let me know soon because I am VERY interested in purchasing the vehicle. If you can give me your phone number or email address I will call or write you later tonight. I am in North Georgia very close to the South Carolina state line

From the scammer:

Hello and thank you for your interest
I want to tell you tha the car is completly working and in good condition.
I will send you the car with all the papers(warranty,insurance,title...)
First of all the car is in the garage and looks just like in the pictures.It is in imaculate condition and has no schrach on and hasn't been involved in any accident.
The motor run very well. The title is clear ,it is not a salvage one.
The car is now in Ipswich,United Kindom on my name.I am willing to sell it and shipp it to any of the UE countries or to US.
I know that the price is low but i have no use for the car and I want to get back home as soon as i sell it.
For shipping i will use FedEx Freight International and for i'm one of the manage at this company and i have 10 free shippings a year anywhere in the world,i will help you and send the car for free shipping.
The final price includes all the shipping taxes to your door and insurance and if you agreewith this price we can start to complete the transaction.

Because I can't send the car without any guarantees of the payment though i've told you,in order to proceed with the deal i need a deposit of 2500USD.The deposit must be done using a money order service.
I prefer money order because in this way i will ship the car in the same day you make the payment.

You will arrange deposit through western union .You receive and inspect the
machine you will send to me the balance on my partener MR.Grig,because i will send him to help you at the inspection and registration.
The inspection period for it is 3 days.

Look here how things are going:
l'm a serious seller with more than 2 years of experience in this
field. l'm a fair trader with a very good feedback on ebay which is
the proof that l have closed a lot of sucessful deals.
You will have to make a deposit of 2500 USD . You will have to go personal to an western union office with the cash and send the money (the deposit of 2500 USD ) from your name and address to WATH NAME DO YOU WANT (FOR YOUR SIGURANCE)NEVER CAN TUCH THE MONEY IN THIS WAY ONLY AFTER YOU WILL RECEIVED THE CAR AND YOU WILL INSPECT IT YOU CAN CHANGE THE RECEIVER NAME WITH MY NAME.
The transfer only need to be here in Ipswich,UK for i can be avaible to check at my WU agent that you really have the money for this great car.
In this case the money is deposited in westernunion on my adress but on your friend's name.
You will tell the western union office that you will make this deposit for your best friend,NOT for this action because we will pay some extra taxes at the end.
I will ship the car as a gift for my best friend so you will not have to pay any custom taxes and I hope you will do the same thing when you will make the transfer because
this way we will not have to pay any other taxes.
After you will make the transfer you will email me the details:
-the sender name
-the sender address
-the amount
-the confirmation #-MTCN (money transfer control number)
-the receiver name, that you choose to be and the adress.
With all this informations i will be able to check the payment and
after i will see that it is OK i will send the car and MR.Grig right away
and you will receive it in 6 days at your door (if not less).
Here is my name and my address where you must send the money:
First name:Robert
Last name: Cringel
Adress:19 Gloster Road
Martlesham Heath
Ipswich
United Kindom

Don't forget to give me your exact adress!!!
Please let me know what you decision asap in order to prepare the
shippment and because I have a lot of offers and I can not wait much
longer, thanks.
Best Regards
I shall be awaiting your response.
With upmost respect

1 - 16 of 16 Posts