Discussion Starter #81
Finally some updates:

Here are some parts and progress pics:

48mm wastegate

Fuel System:

HKS fuel rail

Regulator and filter

MAP ECU

Here are a few pics of the first mock up.

Here is the motor in the car for the first test fit...

Other side. The intake manifold is out for polishing.

And one with the Turbo half installed

More updates coming soon!!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thumbs up for a fellow South Carolinian. I see I'm not the only 2jz swap car in the upstate. Nice ride bro, your gonna love that new engine. I'm loving my s14. Maybe we can meet up sometimes when your finished. I'm upgrading alot over the winter so we might be back up about the same time. Good luck with the build!!!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
A couple of little updates with the swap. The wastegate has been welded to the exhaust manifold, the lower intake has been reinstalled along with the fuel rail and injectors. After the assembly was completed the engine was sat back in for final (crossed fingers) clearance checks and adjustments. Here are a few pics of the recent progress. On to the pics:

Wastegate Installed:

Pic of the Car with the Motor in:

The Money Shot!!!!

Dont pay attention to the cam gears and the missing upper intake and spark plug cover. The cover is out for chroming, the intake is out for polishing and I have HKS cam gears on the way!! Also the compressor housing outlet will be relocated. That is one issue we have.

Stay tuned more pics coming soon!!!!!!!!

Once again big thanks to Chris, Avery and Zac at TDC for all the hard work and patience on this project. You guys are doing a great job!!!

·
V8SLAYR
491 Posts
Nice looking forward in seeing this completed.

·
Addicted to Boost
329 Posts
I can't get over how small the engine looks in there. Good luck on the project, I will definitely be watching for the updates.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Nice! I'm doing the same swap, with around the same power goals in my black on black 04 g35 coupe right now, but am about 600miles to the north of you, I also have a full machine shop, so if you need any help with machining parts let me know. Are you keeping and splicing in your stock infiniti ecu to retain the stock electronics?

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
A couple of little updates with the swap. The wastegate has been welded to the exhaust manifold, the lower intake has been reinstalled along with the fuel rail and injectors. After the assembly was completed the engine was sat back in for final (crossed fingers) clearance checks and adjustments. Here are a few pics of the recent progress. On to the pics:

Wastegate Installed:
Hehe... actually, the wastegate piping is in the way of the most interesting part - the motor mounts. Is that a custom bracket painted in black? Does it fit the G35 cross member "as is"?

Just curious because my DD is a G35 six speed coupe.

Thanks,
-scott

81 - 100 of 119 Posts