Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never used the lock to my glovebox, until today. Anyways I tried to lock it and that pos twisted my key. I tried another key (lol, I KNOW, stupid me) and that shit twisted too.

Is there a special way to lock it or something? Or are all my keys "valet keys" (if there's such a thing) and I don't have a master key.

·
Bad Texan Boy
4,266 Posts
It will needs a master key

·
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DragRacingSupra said:
It will needs a master key
Yea, it seems like it. I just ordered 2 from Curt. I guess I have a bunch of "valet keys" around then, lol.

Are there any physical difference between the 2 keys? Like can I look at it and be able to tell which is a master and which is a valet?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Maybe a previous owner got it re-keyed and never got the glovebox done :dunno:
michaelvanle said:
Are there any physical difference between the 2 keys? Like can I look at it and be able to tell which is a master and which is a valet?
On my truck, the tip end of the master key has a couple extra "teeth." Appears to push up an extra tumbler that the valet key cannot...

·
Registered
226 Posts
My Supra came with two master keys and a subkey. The easiest way to tell them apart was that the top part of the subkey was shaped differently than the other ones.

·
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SUPRASTITIOUS said:
My Supra came with two master keys and a subkey. The easiest way to tell them apart was that the top part of the subkey was shaped differently than the other ones.

Yea, but if you threw it in a bag and shook it up (lol), and take them out. Is there any way to tell which is which besides "Oh they look different".

·
Registered
226 Posts
The top of the valet key is more triangular in shape and the other two are square. One of the masters was the nice black plastic covered one and the other two were all metal.

·
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well my "master key" came in from Elmhurst today. It opens the glovebox, but nothing else. It can't lock/unlock the doors/trunk, and it can't start the engine. Looks like the only thing it's good for is the glovebox, huh??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts