Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
12,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never used the lock to my glovebox, until today. Anyways I tried to lock it and that pos twisted my key. I tried another key (lol, I KNOW, stupid me) and that shit twisted too.

Is there a special way to lock it or something? Or are all my keys "valet keys" (if there's such a thing) and I don't have a master key.

·
12,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DragRacingSupra said:
It will needs a master key
Yea, it seems like it. I just ordered 2 from Curt. I guess I have a bunch of "valet keys" around then, lol.

Are there any physical difference between the 2 keys? Like can I look at it and be able to tell which is a master and which is a valet?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Maybe a previous owner got it re-keyed and never got the glovebox done :dunno:
michaelvanle said:
Are there any physical difference between the 2 keys? Like can I look at it and be able to tell which is a master and which is a valet?
On my truck, the tip end of the master key has a couple extra "teeth." Appears to push up an extra tumbler that the valet key cannot...

·
12,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SUPRASTITIOUS said:
My Supra came with two master keys and a subkey. The easiest way to tell them apart was that the top part of the subkey was shaped differently than the other ones.

Yea, but if you threw it in a bag and shook it up (lol), and take them out. Is there any way to tell which is which besides "Oh they look different".

·
12,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well my "master key" came in from Elmhurst today. It opens the glovebox, but nothing else. It can't lock/unlock the doors/trunk, and it can't start the engine. Looks like the only thing it's good for is the glovebox, huh??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.