Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
feeding your habit
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well here it is, finally done - pix from my HT NA-TT-Singled/6speed install.... I wish I could do a video like UrbanCustoms did!

lemme know what you think. I have more pix coming, I just have to get a bigger account on flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157594144827704/

or

www.flickr.com/photos/98mkiv

This is my build breakdown...

1997 NA 5MT Hardtop 100K miles black on black with leather interior and "Supra" embroidered on the seats.
JDM GTE motor, new timing belt and seals all around (stem, fms, rms, etc)
TT water pump
USDM cams
USDM 6 speed harness
550CC injectors (just for now)
ingniter and inj resistors
Walbro 255LPH HP pump
AEM EMS W/IAT, PS, WG control and EGT
HKS DLI
AEM 19-1 Serial Gauge (need a single pod, anyone got one?)
Innovate LC1 WB02
Oil Supply/Drain kit
T70 XS power turbo
XS Power polished manifold
XSP 46MM Ti-AL WG w/custom dump tube
XSP 50MM Ti-AL BOV custom mounted to TB
XSP polished 12x24x3" FMIC
6 Speed Tranny, driveshaft, axles, secondary isolator & JDM 6 speed diff
RPS Carbon/Ceramic Clutch
RPS Pressure plate
Fidanza LW Flywheel
97 TT Stereo (was different than NA, no sub, etc)
D2 coilovers w/pillowball mounts
TRD sway bars
19" x9 & x10" Chrome Enkei Aegis with Nitto NT555 Extreme
TT Calipers, rebuilt, black with chrome script
Drill/slot rotors
Stainless brake lines
FMIC diversion plate
Relocated PS Tank
Coolant reservoir
DEFI HUD boost gauge and turbo timer

TO GO ON still, once I get the time and ballz to cut the hood:
TRD/RMM Spoiler
WW Lip
Euro Hood Scoop
two bottle NOS setup
inifnty basslink2
TRD STB

AEM is getting tuned this weekend.

Thanks to the people here who have helped me with advice, parts and vent time! Especially OVRBST who has been generous with his time and infinte 2JZ wisdom... thanks Alex!

-M

·
Registered
339 Posts
wow, looks real nice. Glad to hear another mk4 up :D

·
feeding your habit
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BOV is nice. I like it because it is fairly quiet.

·
I Solve Problems
4,349 Posts
Came out real nice. How was the fitment of the manifold and DP?

·
A zone of danger.
1,175 Posts
I'm impressed. Looks like you spent a lot of time and effort putting together your setup. I'd be very interested to see some graphs when you get the chance.

So here's a couple of questions:
What midpipe did you use? I've heard of ppl using the Blitz shorty w/ that DP.
Do you think the DP is heavy enough to weld on, i.e. recirculating the WG?

And since you mentioned getting a vid, I'd be nice to hear one of these manifolds pulling away, or just at high RPM without bouncing off the gate. Every video I've heard/seen is on the WG, and you can never tell what they sound like!

At any rate, nice work. Hope it all turns out for ya. :bigthumb:

:EDIT: Oh yeah...and did the WB spin right in w/ the supplied threads?

·
OG SF Member #603
1,092 Posts
Very nice. I'm in the middle of a similar project, installing a GTE motor w/ auto tranny, into my '93 NA HT. I'll probably hit you up w/ some questions as I progress thru this project....if it's OK w/ you.

·
feeding your habit
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Dego Red said:
I'm impressed. Looks like you spent a lot of time and effort putting together your setup. I'd be very interested to see some graphs when you get the chance.

So here's a couple of questions:
What midpipe did you use? I've heard of ppl using the Blitz shorty w/ that DP.
Do you think the DP is heavy enough to weld on, i.e. recirculating the WG?

And since you mentioned getting a vid, I'd be nice to hear one of these manifolds pulling away, or just at high RPM without bouncing off the gate. Every video I've heard/seen is on the WG, and you can never tell what they sound like!

At any rate, nice work. Hope it all turns out for ya. :bigthumb:

:EDIT: Oh yeah...and did the WB spin right in w/ the supplied threads?

The WB fit fine in the supplied threads. Came with three bungs, one I used for WBO2, one blank and one for stock o2 sensor.

for the Midpipe, I used a megan HKS knockoff cut off the turbo end and welded it right up with a flange so I didn't have to mod the DP. It turns out the stock cat fits just fine in there, so I dunno... maybe a shorty midpipe would work fine. (shorty meaning just the secondary cat replacement like HKS)

The mani sounds great and I can hear the turbo spooling up thru the intake and down thru the exhaust, I LOVE the way it sounds and when the WG opens up it's mean as hell. I' don't have the mat'l thickness, but I am guessing its 1mm thick .040" stainless.... and yes you can weld it to recirc fine. I was going to but I prefer open. I did weld it and it didn't have any issues with blowing thru it...

lis2k said:
Came out real nice. How was the fitment of the manifold and DP?
mani required one jam nut (thin nut) and one stud to be shortened. DP was no issue. The Dump tube needed to be cut and then I welded the remainder on and it's perfect.

So far I am in love with the T-70... I need more seat time and I will get more solid impressions for you.

Questions are fine, and thanks for the compliments. The support of this board is definitely what got me to commit to the project. I know I can come with any question and get a reply that is right, right away.

thanks
-M

·
feeding your habit
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
you know, I would but someone needs to tell me how!

·
Cheifbootknocka
1,944 Posts
I really like how you did that BOV install. Totally saweeeet :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
very nice, i like it alot

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
OK Steve T where is your comments :bowdown: , sign up on the hardtop registry (sp) if you want to... lot of good info on that site.. Steve does a wonderful job :bowdown: ..... Oh nice job BTW, I like it. :)

·
A zone of danger.
1,175 Posts
98mkiv said:
you know, I would but someone needs to tell me how!
Someone help this man!!
I don't know shit about editing video, but someone should be able to help on here. We're not asking for much, just a minute or two of various RPMs, on and off the gate from the outside. But if you wanna do in-car and speedo shots, dont let me stop you. :D

·
feeding your habit
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks! I'm pretty illeterate beyond posting pix and doing email....

anyone can tell me how to record sound or video into my pc and I'll do it. I have a laptop and will be with it in the car for the aem dial in.....

I added more pix to the flickr account....

-M

1 - 20 of 31 Posts