Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
I heart 80's Toyota's
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I got tired of these vac lines tee'd off each other, and the general mess of differnt size/color lines, so I decided to clean it up a bit!!!

I figured a vacuum manifold would be a good solution vs everything tee'd of the tiny port on the back of the manifold... so i took a piece of square tube, taped a few 1/8 npt holes, welded the ends up, got a few fittings at the hardware store and some new lines and well here it is

on the car

Let me know what you guys think!! It seems to work well, no leaks, holds boost, and my bov seems to react a little quicker.

Total cost was about 6 bucks from the fitting and a few buck for some new lines, I had all the metal stock kicking around the garage

-Dustin

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
looks good :) if you route the lines cleaner it would look great. I'll buy one for 6 bux then :) jk

·
I heart 80's Toyota's
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TaSe said:
looks good :) if you route the lines cleaner it would look great. I'll buy one for 6 bux then :) jk

Thanks guys, I realize that I didn't take a pic after a tied all the lines together... it looks a little better now

3,796 Posts
Looks good!! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
215 Posts
Nice job man looks badass...what the hell do you have hooked up there though lol looks like a ton.

·
I heart 80's Toyota's
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
supraMoe72 said:
u should run those lines from under the intake manifold,IMO
Yeah, the line going over the top is for the BOV, i really should hook it under.... but I got lazy, and late for work!!!

Lord Mike said:
Nice job man looks badass...what the hell do you have hooked up there though lol looks like a ton.

BOV, FPR, boost gauge, boost controller, VPC pressure sensor, and the last one is for the cruise control that originally plugged into the back of the manifold

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Nice job catch.
Did you get your VPC used? The reason I ask is because one of the parts they offer is a multi-barbed fitting that replaces the one on the front of the plenum.

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
thats pretty cool. good job on making your own stuff.

i had found these to be effective and a lot cheaper than the GE block.

http://www.mcmaster.com/

wont give direct link, just type in 178 in search.

·
I heart 80's Toyota's
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Suprawill1 said:
Nice job catch.
Did you get your VPC used? The reason I ask is because one of the parts they offer is a multi-barbed fitting that replaces the one on the front of the plenum.
Yea, I picked up the VPC used, so I was on my own when it came to getting vac too it.... I think the VPC may be for sale anyways!!

dbsupra said:
thats pretty cool. good job on making your own stuff.

i had found these to be effective and a lot cheaper than the GE block.

http://www.mcmaster.com/

wont give direct link, just type in 178 in search.
Thanks man, the GE one isn't too expensive... 40 bucks I think.
Those from mcmaster are nice though, you can kinda custom build it to your needs

MK3Brent said:
You son of a bitch! Is that a purple tial!

:lol: Copy-cat!

Yea, I'll admit it, I'm basically trying to clone your car!!!

j/k.... I picked it up used on ebay, so I couldn't chose the color, I really dig the purple though, plus the valve rocks!!! its a pure function device and super clean looking

Boostedmkiii said:
looks good! sell them
lol maybe, but for the price you can get the GE one or mcmaster ones I doubt it would be worth it. I mean it took me an hour or two to cut, drill, tap, weld, grind, paint ect

-Dustin

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
yeah, but yours mounts perfectly :bigthumb:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts