Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished it up...76rwhp and gives sportbikes FITS on trackdays. Smaller tracks are this bikes specialty.

enjoy...

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its called an Aprilia SXV550. They're like 8700.00msrp. They're a little bit hard to come by but they're out there. Whatelse do you want to know?

dave

can i get more info on this bike...MY GAWD is that perfect for what im looking for...plus it looks badass!

·
Isabel & Bryan
673 Posts
that's badass!

so you race supermoto?

what is the design on the wheels to do the paint flop?
and where does the exhaust go?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Very cool looking bike and can't beat the HP/lbs ratio... But please keep it at home in the rain There is no tread on that front tire at all.

I think i still like the traditional sport bikes better.

Matt

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The exhaust is all hidden...the graphics on the wheels are the Aprilia Lion, they're wheels that are off of the VDB edition.

I do race supermoto. I race in the intermediate and expert class. I do a lot of racing on the southwest (nevada, AZ and CA).

I sold all my sportbikes and I don't regret it. Its the most fun i've had on a motorcycle.

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
As a supermoto rider myself, I hate you.

Out of pure envy, of course.

Once I saw the rebuild intervals on those, I knew that it was out of the question as a streetbike, but as a track weapon it would rock. Plenty of tighter tracks in Japan where this thing could eat. Tsukuba, Ebisu, etc.

Also, I came from the sportbike world. Supermoto bikes are the go-karts of the bike world. Just like in a go-kart, you can't stop grinning like an idiot while on it and you always beat the hell out of it whenever you ride.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys...i don't have any vids of it on the track. I guess I can put on a helmet cam and get after it.

·
Isabel & Bryan
673 Posts
yeah lets see how you ride!
how do you take the corners?
like a mxer?

im thinking about getting into it, but i really don't want to sell the zx7r?
but alot of my buddies are racing them! and the ovrp track is pretty close to me(doug henrys home away from home)
and my buddies friend is driving truck/team manager for the team graves yamaha supermoto
had the rig up last weekend

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
On a true supermoto track you'll ride foot out style. If you're running on a big track, like a small road course then you'll more then likely ride road race style.

I ride foot out all the time, even when on a road course.

·
Isabel & Bryan
673 Posts
cool man! yeah i've seen those pics before? forgot that was you, guess that bike is gone?

the whole supermoto thing is growing here, but its still a west coast thing!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah...i've posted up a few pics of me at the track. I still own the KTMs also. I have 3 supermoto bikes.

Its a west coast thang...but its growing really fast.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts