Supra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Allright partners! Keep on rolling baby!

I will be posting this one slowly, since a lot of work will be done by my shop. Some were curious as to what I was doing, so I figured I might as well put it on here.

I got my stock MKIV at the beginning of the summer and will be going single. The car currently has 90000km and we are redoing the head, putting some good fuel system and bolting a 74GTS in there.

Here are my mods that I have done so far:

Toyota glass headlights
Corbeau CR1 seats
Full black carpet dyed (was blue)
AEM TRU BOOST
Removed cats (BPU)
Max air intake
Greddy turbo timer II

Parts ordered/ready for this winter:

Greddy FMIC similar to 3 row
Precision 74gts turbo (rebuilt recently)
BL 3500 stall converter
AEM EMS v1
3.5 bar map sensor
AEM IAT
Borla Exhaust
All pipes needed heat wrapped
Powerhouse Racing 1000cc fuel kit
HKS 272's camshafts
HKS DLI
ARP head studs
Ferrea Valve Stem Seals
BC Springs and retainers
Lots of braided lines
Head gasket

·
Registered
457 Posts
Welcome

these pictures indicate you either have:

bad valve stem seals
or
lots of fog in your area

I can barely see a thing, keep us updated!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome

these pictures indicate you either have:

bad valve stem seals
or
lots of fog in your area

I can barely see a thing, keep us updated!
....Or just did a burnout and theres not much wind..

I am doing my best. I lost my friggin camera cable, ordered one and it doesnt work at all. So my cell is my only tool haha.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Allright so I have been looking at the transmissions to equip this monster. I will be going with ATFs stage 3 tranny since they have a great reputation, and building transmissions is what they do. They also clearly state that this transmission supports 800 hp. BL and Titan are unclear as to what it can do (for a long period of time at least)

They change more parts that the competitors, and their core charge is 600 instead of 800 with BL. I dont wanna take mine out. I just want to do a clean swap. So ATF it will be!

·
Letterkenny
272 Posts
Nice project! Nice parts list too. There's been a lot of talk about the different Auto transmissions lately, and this ATF built tranny sounds promising. There was another thread where it was stated that they actually dyno test the tranny, before shipping it out. I don't think they beat the living gears out of it, but at least they 'smoke test it', to make sure it's setup and working right before it leaves their shop.

Look forward to seeing more updates on this!

Mike

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We shall see bro! I think its good to go with research, not just forum hype.

Another change. I will run the HKS 272s instead of the GSC since I have been waiting for months and nothing arrived. So screw this. Im going with a reliable company.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So it's confirmed. 272's are going in there and MVP is shipping the goods today :) Winter will be long!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts