Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
yea yea
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, just letting you guys check out the progress on my jeep. It's a 1975 CJ5 with a SBC 350. We bought another frame and body and have begun cleaning and painting everything.

You can check out the current pics under "Engine-Tranny on Frame" at:

http://www.myforumfiles.com/cheep/cgi-bin/emAlbum.cgi

We are still waiting on new manifold/carb/air cleaner, and will be sandblasting the headers Sunday so that we can paint them gloss black. We also still have to polish the bell housing.

Should be getting wheels and tires within the month, and it will soon be time to start on the body work and getting it painted.

Enjoy.

NEW PICTURES ON PAGE 2

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
looks like a fun project. what bell housing and tranny is that? or is that an adapter plate?

those things are the simplest things mechincally. leaf springs all around and a tub for a body :lol:

·
yea yea
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mr. Wob said:
looks like a fun project. what bell housing and tranny is that? or is that an adapter plate?

those things are the simplest things mechincally. leaf springs all around and a tub for a body :lol:
It's a chevy bellhousing with an adaptor to the stock T-15 transmission.

·
Boostless
686 Posts
Awesome project! My father has a '79 CJ7 with the 304 in it. I can't imagine what it would be like with a modded SBC. That's going to make for a fun ride.

·
Registered
374 Posts
My buddy had an old lifted Jeep with some monster motor in it. He could gun that thing and stand it on end.

·
Registered
648 Posts
it says i hate wheel gap under your name, but you're building a CJ5? that would get interesting offroading it.

·
yea yea
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
cds01 said:
it says i hate wheel gap under your name, but you're building a CJ5? that would get interesting offroading it.
I'm not priviledged enough to change my user status from 2002 :)

I like some wheel gap

·
Registered
769 Posts
it's getting torn apart again for fiberglass fenders and a cowlhood. getting some cragar beadlock wheels, 38x16.5 tires, paint, and some other things I can't think of right now. that other jeep is our buddy's..he went on the wrong side of the sippy hole. after an oil change, sparkplugs, tranny flush, diff flush, professional detailing/reupholstering it's good as new. the YJ kept pulling the wheels when it was pulling the XJ out..I tried to snap a pic, but damn shutter got the best of me.

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
are u aware of what the word "conversion" means?

·
Registered
769 Posts
yeah, we pulled it out from the rear. we couldn't get it over some of the bigger dunes, but there was a badass blown and sprayed f350 that took care of that for us. nice guys out on the dunes..

1 - 20 of 39 Posts