Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 963 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My MKIV Build....From nothing To almost Something (Pics Coming Daily 56K Die)

So I bought A Supra .....Kinda

Well I have been on the Supra Forums for a while now and I’ve been reading a lot build threads, I came to the realization that quite a few members that are Supra Owners built there cars from nothing to something really special....

At first when i picked up my MKIV i was really embarassed at that condition it was in so never posted any pictures of it, but after reading, and speaking with a lot of members I have to come to the conclusion that my car is in the same state that a lot of people started out at... In my quest to restore this machine i have come across a great deal of members locally and across the country that have helped me to understand my car and sold/traded parts to get this thing on the road.......eventually

here is a time line from when i purchased my car in Jan 2010 up until now ...Enjoy :)

heres a small Video Until I post All the Pics!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxVU4NtgKJw
***Leave a comment***

*******6/22/2011********
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftq8q...e_gdata_player

******2/6/2013**********

This is how she looked the day I picked her up..

(Made it Back to Orlando on a Can of Fix of Flat, 2 Lug nuts on the rear tire and a Prayer)

(Had to stop at a Service Station to Unbolt The Drive Shaft which was killing The Tunnel)

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
U and me both...you'll be up and running pretty soon...I'm thinking maybe march next year by the latest

·
serbian by blood!!!
1,675 Posts
looks like a promising project

·
Registered
651 Posts
Looking good man! I think I met you at the Lexus picnic in Orlando last month. I was with Steve in the silver SC. I think he sold you an Eclipse back in the day.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looking good man! I think I met you at the Lexus picnic in Orlando last month. I was with Steve in the silver SC. I think he sold you an Eclipse back in the day.
Yeah man its me...Hopefully Ill Be driving It within the Next 6-8 mos... I've known steve from before i had my drivers license...lol

·
Not now chief
1,227 Posts
I really cant wait to see how this turns out! I know the kid who had it before you and it was the biggest train wreck. Mine started out just like that though.

·
Ninja
1,826 Posts
Looks good, Kris. Hopefully we can get both of our cars back on the road at the same time. Yours is a lot further along than mine though!

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Heres A Before and after shot of the Dash....Dont Worry Replacing All Dash panels with New Ones !!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hey man, cool build! nothing to be embarrased about, it acutally looks like its in good shape, primers not so bad, my supra was in primer for about a year and im now finally painting it satin black:D

·
Supra OG
2,392 Posts
Cool. Love to see these kind of stories. You're bringing her back to life!

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks good, Kris. Hopefully we can get both of our cars back on the road at the same time. Yours is a lot further along than mine though!
I wish it was closer to being done...Theres no way that mine is further along than yours..lol

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
heres a Quick Snap with The HKS Hyper Hanging off the Back

My TT Stocks before i got them in from OK

After a 1 hour of Polishing with Mothers, A power cone, and some glass cleaner

recent pics

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OK Since Most Of all the Old Pics Are Up heres where im at

My R154 Trans (I dont have the Cash to go V160 Yet But 5spd is a step forward to 6spd)

With the W58 Mount On

Parts That Got Shipped to Driftmotion For the extension

Ill Post the Goods Tomm At Some Point....Thanks for reading...feel free to leave a comment on the post or the vid

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,351 Posts
Nice. Like seeing cars brought back from the brink of not existing, haha.

Jeff

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)

Fits my Ebay Manifold and Still works though its a Classic

For Intimidation

1 - 20 of 963 Posts