Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Gang,

Did my 60k Mainentence about a month ago and everything was fine right after that. Recently, my car has alot of white/blue smoke coming out of the exhaust when car is warmed up, and when I go to rev it...alot of smoke comes out insanely at times and when I decelerate and then accelerate right away smoke comes out as well. Also when coming to a stop...smoke comes out. Though, this does not happen all the time...but alot these days. Do you guys think it's the turbo seals? Or something else..I have not checked if the IC pipes have oil in them yet. Any idea?

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
270 Posts
Does it smoke at idle well? What exactly did you change at your 60K service? So, everything was completely fine before the service? Any other problems currently? So, more questions, but it may help identify exactly what's wrong.

·
Supranian
2,007 Posts
Watching this thread with curiosity since my car is doing the same thing, including smoking at idle when warmed up.

·
19x10 +21 F 19x12 +28 R
2,186 Posts
Mostly on other cars, white smoke when reving means a possible side of a head gasket problem but in this case, it might be something else. Are you losing oil? Have ur valve stem seals been changed? How many miles are on the car? Has it overheated before? Do an Oil consumption test to find out and maybe we can go on from there.

·
Registered
718 Posts
same shit here, if I find out I will put it up here. I am having a feeling of it may be the piston rings.

·
Banned
98 Posts
Is your car holding boost and was there a wine. It seems like your tubo seals or compressor wheels could be busted. I had the same issue and it turn out my primary turbo was shot. Take a peak and let us know.

·
?!!?HABBA BABBA??!!
2,757 Posts
im going to say turbo seals combined with valve stem....my valve stem seals are due...but im also still on the stock twins at almost 146k, ....im pretty sure my turbo seals are what causes alot of mine.

·
Boost Junkie
12,641 Posts
Probably valve stem seals.

Steve

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Turbo seals all the way. Are you BPU or APU? Did you put in a new oil pump at your service interval? Sounds like too much oil pressure on the turbos and your blowing oil past the oil seals. This might mean your turbos seals are going out and they need to be replaced.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts