·
Boost Junkie
12,380 Posts
Nice job. Thanks for the write up.

Steve

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,164 Posts
Nice work! It really does require taking the interior apart to do it right. I'm not surprised it took a month. Hidden wires FTW.

·
"Its got a handle"
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
This beautiful where can I purchase the magic box
Wicked C.A.S. Search and contact Nazar here on SF. Great guy and was a ton of help with my system...

that was an awesome job you did, looks great!
Thank you CP!

Very nice write up. Excellent workmanship and attention to detail.
Thanks Kyle!

amazing!!!!
You are too kind.

Nice job. Thanks for the write up.

Steve
You are welcome Steve

Nice work! It really does require taking the interior apart to do it right. I'm not surprised it took a month. Hidden wires FTW.
Thanks Bitshftr... Yes the interior must come out. I was really in no hurry, someone with mad skills could do it much faster...

Oh wow nice write and and nice job! Did you powder coat your inner cooler tubes and intake pipe?
Thank you Khano. Yes all of my intercooler pipes and the intake pipe are power coated black.

·
"Its got a handle"
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I really like it black i might have to do it. Mine are pretty ugly as is so thanks for the idea :)
I like the black too. You are welcome....

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Very nice and detailed writeup! You did great! How does that little JL amp handle all the speakers and subs? I like how you re-did the floor with the black/gray instead of the chrome stuff.

·
"Its got a handle"
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Very nice and detailed writeup! You did great! How does that little JL amp handle all the speakers and subs? I like how you re-did the floor with the black/gray instead of the chrome stuff.
Thanks Benzo... The JL amp is pretty awesome, and provides plenty of power for my needs, especially when you see how small they are. Please keep in mind that I have been listening to the factory speakers/amp for 8 yrs and was somewhat okay with that. I am not sure how it would run a larger or less efficient sub or more demanding components, but it drives the little 6w0's and the C3's effortlessly.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
spark

Thats awesome man. I'm currently running 2 old school Alpine amps under my seats but I'm going to redo my entire system using my other Phoenix Gold Ti amps in the hatch area since they wont fit under the seats anymore. I also have the magic box with 2 6W0s. It has since dry rotted the foam and I've upgraded to the latest W6V2 which sounds a lot better.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Very nice installation and thank you for all these pictures...
I'm trying to change my front speakers... and I'm unable to remove the stock twetters.
You wrote "Gutting the Dash for Tweeter Installation: Note that the dash is loose and pulled out slightly. This was required to gain access to the tweeter location. Also required was several Band-Aids."
I don't know how to pull out the dash! Do you have more pictures?
Thank you very much
Gilbert

·
"Its got a handle"
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
Very nice installation and thank you for all these pictures...
I'm trying to change my front speakers... and I'm unable to remove the stock twetters.
You wrote "Gutting the Dash for Tweeter Installation: Note that the dash is loose and pulled out slightly. This was required to gain access to the tweeter location. Also required was several Band-Aids."
I don't know how to pull out the dash! Do you have more pictures?
Thank you very much
Gilbert
You are welcome Gilbert....
I don't have anymore photos of the tweeter work, mostly because you cannot see the tweeter location. I will warn you, it is a PITA and this is not the first time I have done this! There are members here that have done the tweeter installation from the top. You might want to look into that.
I will describe this as best as I can. You need to remove everything from the dash like the gauge cluster, glove box and supporting pieces, airbag, stereo, ductwork (not the defroster vents at the windshield), and the side window defroster vents in front of each tweeter. With that done there are maybe 12-14 bolts that attach the dash to the metal support member behind. Maybe 4 at the gauge cluster, 2 below the stereo, 1 on each side of the lower center dash (behind the carpet), 2 near the glove box/air bag, 1 behind the passenger side window defroster, and 1 on each side of the dash near or behind the kick panels. With those bolts (and maybe others) removed, the dash can be pulled out away from the firewall just enough to barely access the tweeter location. The tweeters are attached to the underside of the dash with two screws.
Hope this helps!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you for these precisions.
I'have already removed all these parts, except the airbag and ductwork and the dash. And it is with these part that I have some problems ;)

To be honest, i have also a problem with my English witch is not really good...

For your information, I am going to install a new alarm (which can switch on the engine with the remote control), day lights, automatic ignition of the low beams, rain commanded whishers, an automatic correction of the beams (HID reglementation in France...) and so on...
A lot of work

Gilbert

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
That really is a excellent job with the clean look. Thank you for the detailed instructions; I will be sure to use them when I start my audio upgrade.

·
"Its got a handle"
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
21 - 40 of 52 Posts