Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Never fast enough
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my setup so far. i am going to get another 8" sub, i used the stock sub box cut everything out from the inside, it sounds alright with on but with two i should sound like one ten which will be enought since i am not looking to rattle my windows, just a little extra bass. its kinda crappy but it gets the job done

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
fiberglass?

·
Never fast enough
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no its not fiberglass i used the frame from the stock sub and cut out the inside then closed it in with wood, wasnt easy to do but i think i am going to rebuild one out of fiberglass to get better sound

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
Yay for wal-mart amplifiers. I'd love to see a better amplifier in your car, that jensen piece is a sad sight in such a nice car.

Edit:
Fiberglass isn't worth it if he's going to keep that amp. The materials alone would cost more than that amplifier. I vote get a nice small amp, then do the fiberglass.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I have a 8in mounted in my stock box. Its from a weird ass system I installed a few months ago, but it sounds damn nice for an 8.

There are two problems with using the stock box. 1) if the sub has too deep of a profile you will have a hard time fitting it in. 2) the lip ring on my sub BARELY restricts the seat from comming up, I need to trim it some.

Please make a fiberglass box so you can center the subs to make everything look right. Also, it is NOT hard to make a little platform for the amp in place of the drivers side styrafoam tool mould.

·
Never fast enough
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i bought the amp at sears like 5 years ago, when i first started driving. Its a jensen but hit has done the job and powered my 2 alpine type s 12s in my celica and did 147db. dont knock on the amp it does the job i dont have all the money in the world because i bought my car not mommy and daddy.

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
94tttsupra said:
i bought the amp at sears like 5 years ago, when i first started driving. Its a jensen but hit has done the job and powered my 2 alpine type s 12s in my celica and did 147db. dont knock on the amp it does the job i dont have all the money in the world because i bought my car not mommy and daddy.
Buying your car yourself doesn't justify cheaping out on the audio. I was merely pointing out that it's a waste of your time and money to do fiberglass if you don't have time/money to get a better amp for your setup.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
94tttsupra said:
Sears- the graet american store. Where would we all be without a Sears charge card?

·
Registered
183 Posts
im about to put a 8in bazooka tube for the time being i feel crappy doing it i want to get the magic box with 2 10s but just ditched out 800 for 2 viper remote start alarms etc etc etc
the alarms are worth it stereo can come after

·
Never fast enough
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
KameleonSupra said:

3 JL 8w6, yes the targa fits, old picture, the amp in now in the floor under plexi.

Kameleon
this is the box i am going to build, KameleonSupra has this in his car and i think it looks good, i will most likly do 2 8inch subs and put the amp in the middle, i am going to get a new amp though.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts