Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
I have auto ADD.
4,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got some good pics of my Mitsubishi Montero Sport before and after a little off road excursion.

Don't mind the front bumper, it was repainted improperly before I bought the SUV. The paint flakes off real easily and looks like crap. I tried patching it myself, it doesn't look a whole lot better but is less noticable.

First a few clean pics:

Now for the offroad pics:

As we were truckin along we noticed a fallen tree parallel to the trail making it very narrow. We tried moving the tree but it was way to big/heavy to move. It extends about twice as far as you can see in the pic.

Close up of my rear tire about to scrape the tree.

A pic of my MS up on "the flats," an old unreclaimed strip mine.

Me going through one of the smaller mudholes, some of them are so big they will swallow you alive.

Close up pic of same mudhole.

Some trenches formed by water runoff.

A friend jumping a trench that is 6ft. deep while another friend is about to throw a stick at him.

Didn't expect it to be that deep lol.

And the aftermath of that deep bastard.

Close up of a very hairy position.

Seconds later we almost flip, thank god we didn't.

Small hill on the way back.

It was a fun trip, only mods are the steel wheels and Goodyear MTR's. If I don't sell it for a car I will end up lifting it and getting some bigger tires on there.

·
I have auto ADD.
4,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Re: My Montero Sport, Clean and Dirty (No 56gay)

Timmah20 said:
Wearing a belt, but... umm... is the belt not fastened or something?

I don't know, that's not me.

It the style yooo!!!!!:eek:

·
GM Interior Designer
658 Posts
doug said:
i didn't know montero's could do that.. i always saw them as soccer mom tools.. i guess i forgot that SUV's actually have the ability to go off road
If anybody knows how to build a capable off road SUV it is Mitsubishi. They have won the Paris-Dakar Rally for the past four maybe five years I think.

Thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Re: Re: My Montero Sport, Clean and Dirty (No 56gay)

Timmah20 said:
Sorry, but I saw this pic and just have to comment.

Wearing a belt, but... umm... is the belt not fastened or something?

Looks like fun though. The offroading.

:wtf:

why are you looking at his ass?

brewster: nice pics! i especially like this one

looks like a lot of fun. i saw the thread title and im like... who the fuck cares about an every day run of the mill SUV... but your pictures changed my mind :D

·
Registered
54 Posts
I really like the style of your SUV... reminds me of a SUV version of my dad's diamante. My mom just got an endeavor and loves it... mitsubishi really does give a lot of content for the depreciated dollar:).

On a side note, almost flipping that beauty kinda worries me... maybe you should just get this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6349&item=4535263375&rd=1

and fix it up with new glass so if you roll over... it won't be a heart breaker:). Nice vehicle and trip brewster.

·
I have auto ADD.
4,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SE-Rfornow said:
On a side note, almost flipping that beauty kinda worries me... maybe you should just get this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6349&item=4535263375&rd=1

and fix it up with new glass so if you roll over... it won't be a heart breaker:). Nice vehicle and trip brewster.

Yeah when I felt it starting to slowly tip I cut the wheel and hit the gas and it brought her back over. It was pretty scary, I would have been fucked seeing as this is my daily and I have liability only.

A Montero and Montero Sport are actually completely different vehicles, they only share the same frame. It is also the Montero that is known for roll overs, not the Sport. Good job Mitsubishi for giving them the same name in the US.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
brewster said:
Yeah when I felt it starting to slowly tip I cut the wheel and hit the gas and it brought her back over. It was pretty scary, I would have been fucked seeing as this is my daily and I have liability only.

A Montero and Montero Sport are actually completely different vehicles, they only share the same frame. It is also the Montero that is known for roll overs, not the Sport. Good job Mitsubishi for giving them the same name in the US.

i dont think insurance would pay out if you had an offroading accident anyway...

·
GM Interior Designer
658 Posts
brewster said:
Actually that particular Montero, 02+ to current doesn't even share the frame. It is a unibody. Only the engine block was carried over, then eventually bored out. The Montero really has better handling then the 'Sport. It was just those idiots at Consumer Reports that gave it a bad rap. No one else seemed to have a problem.

As far as the name goes, well that was just to save money. They had no idea the M sport would be such a success that it was. Now its gone and only the Montero remains. In two years it'll be gone too unless something drastic happens.

·
I have auto ADD.
4,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
GPTourer said:
Actually that particular Montero, 02+ to current doesn't even share the frame. It is a unibody. Only the engine block was carried over, then eventually bored out. The Montero really has better handling then the 'Sport. It was just those idiots at Consumer Reports that gave it a bad rap. No one else seemed to have a problem.

As far as the name goes, well that was just to save money. They had no idea the M sport would be such a success that it was. Now its gone and only the Montero remains. In two years it'll be gone too unless something drastic happens.

Woops, you're right. I wasn't aware they changed the newer one's to a unibody.

I've heard rumors of a new Montero Sport from Mitsu because they feel the Endeavor isn't appealing to the same crowd as the MS did. Who knows though, only rumors.

·
Crow
964 Posts
Re: Re: Re: My Montero Sport, Clean and Dirty (No 56gay)

aNskY said:
:wtf:

why are you looking at his ass?
i dunno, maybe im a closet homosexual.

i hope not though, that'd really ruin my wife's day :(

the few montero's i've driven didn't really seem too solid

1 - 20 of 20 Posts