Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Banned
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally purchased everything I need for my 98 Supra. Here's the list of parts:

DaveH Custom Manifold+
PT51 Turbo+
38 Tial Wastegate+
Shorty Downpipe+
Wastegate Dump Pipe $1605
Veilside Ti Exhaust $1030
Apexi SAFC2 $295
6x440cc PTE Injectors $250
Copy of HKS TypeS IC $370
Walbro 255lph Pump $100
HKS SSQV BOV $212.27
Install + IC Pipes
+Oil lines + Misc $1173

Total $5035.27

I'm getting it installed by Phillip of spoolinperformance.com He's done a couple NA-T's already and he's located in San Jose, CA and does great work and can hook you guys up on intercooler pipes. Good honest guy... kind I like to do business with. Check out his web site...

Nething else I need guys? I already have K&N Intake... going to use the stock maf and run low boost for now....

Next step:
Boostlogic Built Auto
Larger Injectors
Headgasket
HKS VPC

Off topic but one more thing... Suprastore.com was trying to sell me the exhaust for 1100 bucks. I said "wtf you're selling it more than your price online" When I told them that MVP was selling it for 925+105 shipping they gave me bs about how this was the last Veilside Titanium exhaust and it was shipped from Japan so I should pay more for covering their shipping costs. I said bs and called Dusty at MVP told me they have half a dozen. Thank you Dusty @ mvpmotorsports.com and forget suprastore.com! Can't believe they so blatantly tried to rip me off.

·
0 Posts
Dont forget a boost gauge, and maybe an EGT or A/F. Whare is your intercooler? You need one ;)

·
Sheep on the hood...
511 Posts
great!
good luck and I hope all goes well!

·
GOT OIL ...?
1,407 Posts
thats his intercooler
Copy of HKS TypeS IC $370
and No dont go with A/f its a waste of money
EGT and BOOST gauges are needed the most :)

Cant wait till il see ur ride in person ..

·
MyNuttz
874 Posts
sweeeeeet...and install and labor for ~$1100? sounds good. can't wait to see the numbers. that's a sweeeet exhaust too. but i found a walbro for 80 bux even though that's not that much diff. us low ballers have to save a dollar wherever we can.

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,284 Posts
how long is it going to take them to do the full install?

·
Banned
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
LOL I FORGOT GAUGES! Thanks guys! So EGT and BOOST gauges are enough?

BlackSupra93: Hopefully 2-3 days total if everything goes well. With my car being 98 VVT-I... I'm not so sure how the ECU is going to like forced induction. I still haven't been able to get any help or feedback from ppl about NA-T for 98 Supras. Cortvik's too busy to respond to my IM's. =/

supraman78: Phillip of spoolinperformance.com charging me 800 dollar flat labor fee and custom making all my pipes including the intercooler's, oil line drilling, all clamps... so

$800 flat labor rate + cost of materials($373 extra) = $1173 total

I think that's a pretty good deal especially with the amount of communication I've been getting from him. If you guys are around San Jose, CA you guys should talk to him.

1nline6: I bought that intercooler from ebay. It's basically the same intercooler as the HKS Type S except the core is actually a little thicker on mine (75mm vs 65mm on the HKS). I've heard good things about it from other people on the forum and I'll let you guys know how it works out.

If anyone knows how to get a hold of anybody who's NA-Ted a 98 supra PM me! I'm starting to think my Supra is more like an IS300 than a Supra. Will SAFC2 do it alone? Maybe I need a Haltech or E-Manage or PHR MAP ECU???? I can't afford AEM EMS right now. I feel like a little rabbit about to go under scientific experiments that no one else has done before. =/

"Everything should go OK" Famous last words. =)

·
pirates like cookies
702 Posts
nice kit.. gonna be a sweet ride... just think, 1/5th of ur cost is your exhaust.. :p..

i'm just messin with ya, if i lived in CA i would gladly watch your tails speed past me

T

·
0 Posts
well technically your car is closer to an is300.. just you have stronger rods and pistons, so i have heard. either way you might wanna call up some is300 tuners and start asking some questions

·
Registered
759 Posts
USMCSupra said:
1nline6: I bought that intercooler from ebay. It's basically the same intercooler as the HKS Type S except the core is actually a little thicker on mine (75mm vs 65mm on the HKS). I've heard good things about it from other people on the forum and I'll let you guys know how it works out.

{/B]

Is that one of the street imports FMICs? I've been kind of curious about the fit and finish on those.

·
Banned
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes it is... haven't received it yet. i'll let you know how it turns out. By the way does ANYBODY know anything about

VVTi + OBDII + 98 ECU +Forced Induction

I still have a funny feeling my car is gonna have some problems.

RabidChild said:
Is that one of the street imports FMICs? I've been kind of curious about the fit and finish on those.

·
Banned
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You don't know man. Going into combat in Iraq was easier than this. =)

·
pirates like cookies
702 Posts
getting cold feet... just think of that beautiful turbo sitting under the hood... mmmmmm

it's better than sex

·
Banned
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Honestly, Verge, I couldn't help and get that exhaust. I'm in love with it... I was going to go with Apexi GT Spec, since it's half the price, but... it's not a Veilside. How much do most exhausts weigh anyways?

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
USMCSupra said:
Honestly, Verge, I couldn't help and get that exhaust. I'm in love with it... I was going to go with Apexi GT Spec, since it's half the price, but... it's not a Veilside. How much do most exhausts weigh anyways?
20-35lbs. The Veilside Ti is a great exhaust with a great sound. Not to mention it's a great weight reduction mod.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts