Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My New 1j Buildup... MORE pics inside

the grey car is gone... and everything in it is being swapped to a new chassis, along with some new goodies...
the basics: 86.5 supra n/a hardtop 5spd, black on grey
-now with 2.5l 1jzgte, and single turbo
--tubular manifold, precision gt30r(dual ball bearing), hks style 50mm wastegate, custom intake (havent decided filter yet, wanna do blitz sus), custom downpipe with recirculated dump pipe (wastegate dumps into downpipe, ultra sleeper ;), custom oil lines by andy (600hp 7m, 240z) very nice... and willing to make more!
--custom 2.5in intercooler hardpipes, 28x12x3 aluminum front mount ic, arc blow off valve (straight from jdm land yo!), 3in test pipe, hks hi power 85mm cat back exhaust (not sold in US)
--greddy 60mm boost gauge, aem wideband, e-manage blue, profec e-01, jdm mk4 map sensor and 440cc injectors
--3.91 lsd rear end, spec stage 2 clutch w/ full face kevlar disc, koyo radiator, greddy 1.3 bar cap, hks oil catch can
-tein hacoilovers, enkei rs-e racing wheels (seven spoke, two piece) 17x8,17x9 (only 17 lbs), yokohama avs sport tires 245x45 and 275x40
-turbo A front bumper duct (genuine!), 89+ jdm taillights, 89+ jdm side molding with front bubble signals and rear signal deletes w/ 2.5 twin turbo badge, cfx pre89 front lip
-jza70 recaro front and back seats with door inserts, 6in speaker pods front, 5 1/4 rear, 10" alpine type r sub, amp and alpine head unit, misc. weight reduction

pics are soon to come! i just wanted to get any feedback you may have had. i expect to make between 400-450 hp conservatively, and run mid 12 1/4's. and just curious, while i'm at it, appraise my vehicle, the best you can without seeing it, and let me know what you think it's worth. i dont plan on selling anytime soon, just curious...

·
1JZ BLING
2,604 Posts
wow nice.

·
1JZ BLING
2,604 Posts
haha sorry buddy.

·
67mm of pleasure
852 Posts
Can't wait for pics! No matter what, you're going to have an awesome setup that will have everyone drooling.

Throw up some info on your hardpipes: local guys make em? one-off sourcing, etc?

·
Supras are never 'done'
1989 Toyota Supra
601 Posts
Sounds pretty sweet.
What a/r are you running on the turbo?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
haha! now i got your attention. ya, this car is essentially 2 years in the making (3 if you count the experience i gained from my supra before the grey one) pics will be up soon! just be patient... and according to precision, it's good for up to 525 (that's pushing it) at 30psi. and with a .68 a/r exhaust and dbb, it should give a pretty nice powerband. i also plan on taking the car to a weigh station when i can, to see how much of a difference the hardtop really makes, and to see how effective the weight reduction i did was. i'll keep you posted....

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
and the ic pipes are basically the last thing i need to do to have it all put together, which i plan on doing myself. if they turn out well, i may offer more for sale if wanted. but we'll see

·
Registered
76 Posts
LOL this sounds alot like my car......... well kinda...... same rims, same suspension, single turbo 1jz and on a black car with grey interior.

Good luck with the build, peace

·
Registered
250 Posts
sound sick clayton

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok. so i got the thing running right, now i just need to hook up the wideband, emanage and e-o1. good news so far: at wastegate pressure (.4bar ~ 5.5-6psi) it felt about as fast as with stock twins at 17psi =D these pics are actually a few weeks old, but to give you an idea of how its turning out... enjoy

1 - 20 of 24 Posts