Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 422 Posts

·
You Can [Not] Advance
2,871 Posts
Love the blue bikes. For some reason latly I havent been digging the front of Yamaha bikes. Thinking about getting a starter bike over here:D

·
Blackzilla
1,579 Posts
Glad they when back to the 5 spoke rim instead of that nasty 3 spoke. The yamahas aren't my bikes of choice just because every civic owning ricer that ends up getting a bike always gets a yammy.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ridah said:
Glad they when back to the 5 spoke rim instead of that nasty 3 spoke. The yamahas aren't my bikes of choice just because every civic owning ricer that ends up getting a bike always gets a yammy.
I always thought ricers end up getting gixxers. :dunno: Thats probably cause the majority of all my ricer friends always flaunt and brag about their gixxers or how its so great.

I havent been enjoying it as much as i want to, but its been treating me very well. It is a great bike for intermediate or novice riders. It always has a decent powerband for novice riders to smash on the mountains, while its not overwhelming power like the newer r1's where its less forgiving when intermediate riders makes mistakes. They made the new r6's smaller, which i really like. You sit with the bike instead of the feeling that you are sitting on top. Its a lot more comfortable than my friends 02 r6.

For those that dont ride or are planning to. Go for it! Its a blast. Just becareful out there.

Mike

·
You Can [Not] Advance
2,871 Posts
efini/supra said:
I always thought ricers end up getting gixxers. :dunno: Thats probably cause the majority of all my ricer friends always flaunt and brag about their gixxers or how its so great.
Mike

No offense or anything but all GSX-R owners here are black and ricers here own Ninjas

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
ReI86 said:
No offense or anything but all GSX-R owners here are black and ricers here own Ninjas
Negatron. I'm a honkey-ass cracker and I have a bad '04 Gixxer 1000. Mods include an Ohlins rear shock, "modified" front fork, Ohlins steering damper, cheap-ass bodywork, 520 chain and sprockets (with 2 teeth less on the front!!!!), Bitech Machine billet rearsets, and a lap timer. I just got my Yoshimura triple clamps with adjustable offset which I have yet to install, but that should make a signifigant change in handling and braking.

I'm also flossing a dirtbike with 17" wheels and sticky tires (a.k.a. Supermoto). It has a shit-ton of mods: 17: wheels, 320mm MotoMaster brake, 39mm FCR carb + jet kit, Hotcams in and ex, +50cc big bore kit, custom Ti exhaust, airbox mod, and a bunch of other little goodies. It is up about 15whp from stock form and is a total blast to ride. I've wheelied it in 4th gear without clutching it up.

Later that day....

Fuck cold tires! Look at how far in from the edge this tire let go. It was like running over hydraulic fluid.

My pimp-wagon, ready to roll:

SM Machine:

Big brake:

Tons of lean angle on this bike make it a killer in the twisties:

Shagged tire:

After a wheel and brake swap, I'm ready for the dirt. This bike rocks, seriously:

·
'85 SDR 7MGTE 5sp
1,842 Posts
My next bike:

130+hp 78 ftlbs
320mm rotors / 4pot radial
fully adjustable susp f/r

Great city bike.

·
You Can [Not] Advance
2,871 Posts
Denroll said:
Negatron. I'm a honkey-ass cracker
haha I know your a cracker with a bike :bigthumb:

Anyways forget my post about Ricers with Ninja's. Majorty of them think there Civic is faster than any bike anyways :rolleyes:

Also Ohlins USA HQ is about 30~1hr drive away from my place :)

·
-=R1der=-
371 Posts
ReI86 said:
Black peep ol' stick together.

My 97' GSX-R 600 LTD in the black and blue colors

·
You Can [Not] Advance
2,871 Posts
I really wanna get a bike.........Just dont wanna die:(

OH yeah doug after looking at the new GSX-R1000 I see why you want one so bad

1 - 20 of 422 Posts