Supra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
FIX-R upper
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this at the JUNK!! it has 158K miles on it :ugh2: .. but it coast me only 1400 after plates and all that stuff. I turned it on at the junk HA HA HA HA.. had no rims and no stereo.. i think it was stolen then junked i dont know.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Nice find. Now put that turbo motor to work. Illinois supras are poppin up a lot latly. Im up in Dixon. Let me know if you ever make it up this way.

·
FIX-R upper
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was going to get some body parts off of it and what do you know.. so i cheacked the coolent to see if it had any oil Nope, i cheacked the turbo to see if it had play Nope (very little, i dont know if it should have any at all), and the oil was good too (really clean) it still has some stuff that really need to get fixed, mostly small parts like the heater hose they cut to get the coolent out at the junk.

BUT!! it wont run without uesing one of those cans to start it.. :crazy:

How would i cheack to see if its the fule pump or anything els?

·
Powderin my balls since07
2,175 Posts
bad fuel maybe?
regardless, nice find, and did they give u a title? if they did i doubt it was stolen, but run a carfax, usually in tha for sale section of forums, someone always has a carfax account and is willing 2 help....

·
FIX-R upper
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They trow the title out when a car gets junked and make a new one. But that a good idea, or i could just call the guy because he had all of his stuff and info in the car.. he bought it not to long ago because the registration was in there and the key tag when he bought it even the # of the guy that sold it to him.. i'll give hime a call. Im going to dump the fuel and see if a gall of the good stuff would work.

·
Powderin my balls since07
2,175 Posts
hey your in addison...is that near naperville/villa park? i go there all tha time...and will be there tonight hopefully with my supra back ;0

·
FIX-R upper
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
HA HA HA ... they had a shit fight!! HA HA HA thats why it was junked!!

Turns out that the coil packs are not firing but it sends fuel and injects it in... what the problem is!? lol I hope its just a fuse

Also, I have alwas wanted a gray supra since i saw SupraNikolai's supra. But i dont like tergra tops because they make the car less stiff in turns

·
Registered
831 Posts
Check the ignitor wires......Had a similar problem when I first got mine running.
Drove mre crazy for months with an intermitent engine shutoff that no-one could figure out. Had to have it towed 3 times only to have it restart after techs fumbled around in the engine compartment and touched the wire by accident, thereby thinking they had done something and charging me for nothing. :crossjerk
I was THAT close to selling mine as well........ :sad:

Quick update..Also check your cps wire, similar problem by some other members.

·
FIX-R upper
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ill take it apart and reasemble it then.. good idea. Time to get the multi-meter out!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts