0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently installing the following parts:

Kenwood KVT-911DVD Head Unit
JL Audio 300/2 Component Speaker Amp
JL Audio 500/1 Sub Amp
JL Audio 12W6v2 Sub
Boston Proseries 6.5 Front Speakers

The setup will be just a clean, stock looking setup. No fancy fiberglass and bright colors. I mounted both amps on the rear seat next to each other, and it fitted perfect. The front component set are mounted on the door panel with the new grill, and their crossovers are hidden in the stock sub location along with the power fuses, etc. As for the sub box, I am building a regular MDF box, so it can be easily removed when needed. Feedback is appreciated.

Also, I'm installing a alarm, Clifford Intelliguard 8000 and Intellistart w/ a bunch of other accesories.. Where should i mount the brain? Zip tie it under the dash like most installs?

Thanks!

·
SupraForums Member
1,540 Posts
Hey, Sounds great!...I just had all that done to my car, but not the same stuff... I had the clarion vrx935vd in the dash and the compustar alarm, my brain is way under the dash, I think that would be a good place to put it.. Good luck with it!

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man that should really sound good. Very nice screen was hoping to get one of those myself from my work. Let us know how it sounds when you get it all installed.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Awesome setup and good choice of alarm. Hiding the brain is a personal matter. I'd just hide it under the dash but most thieves are starting to look there so I dunno...

·
Registered
730 Posts
if it will fit...i think a good place for it to go is above the ventilation piping under the steering wheel...remove the dash pieces below the steering wheel, pop out the pin that holds the pip in place, ziptie your unit on top, reinstall the pipe, plug in the harnesses after connecting the wires, clean up, reinstall everything else and youre good to go
It close to alot of the wires youll need and isnt the easiest place to get to.

·
Its Me...Its Me
631 Posts
SuPrAfLy69 said:
Hey, Sounds great!...I just had all that done to my car, but not the same stuff... I had the clarion vrx935vd in the dash and the compustar alarm, my brain is way under the dash, I think that would be a good place to put it.. Good luck with it!
that a nice setup there SuPrAfLy69

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replies...

Craig King, I will have pictures up very soon.

Also, anyone know where I can locate the power antenna wire and the heater/air condition wire? Would save me some time poking around.

Thanks,
Vic.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts