Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
flew out to houston, tx on friday to pick up my 96 lexus SC300. came in ~7:30 pm houston time, took it for a drive checked it out then filled out the paperwork and decided to take a little nap before heading out. so i slept till about 2 am and started heading out.
the trip was pretty much uneventful minus the ticket for 85 in a 65 right outside san antonio. damn you texans with the [email protected] limit :/

i drove into fresno at 12 am last night so by houston time that would be 2 am, i was so beat i couldnt walk straight and my eyes were bloody red, lol.
every gas station i stopped at i'd dump bunch of cold water on my head to keep me up. music turned all the way up, wow now it kinda feels like a dream of some sort, needless to say i wont be doing anything like this anymore. i was gonna stop by Dynamic but the lazyasses wouldnt answer their phone :p

overall im VERY pleased with the car, its a 96 with 100k miles, MINT interior, very few minor dings outside, chrome rims, all leather/power, sunroof. drives like a brand new car, with AC blasting all throughout the way and cruising at 85mph 90% of the time it got me 22mpg so im happy as hell.

snapped a few pics of it after i washed off the bugs :p
http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2105751826&idx=10
http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2105751826&idx=11

after the supra is done and sold the time to mod will start :D
plan is for an SP67DBB turbo, 3" exhaust with recirculated WG, 2.5mm HG and ARP studs, some sort of FMIC, probably MAP ecu with 720CC injectors and 2 walbros. BUILT BL auto trans with a 3600rpm stall and a bigass oil cooler.
the setup should net me ~600rwhp and with some good tire a mid 10 sec pass in a sleeper stock looking car. i cant wait :bandit:

·
I Solve Problems
4,349 Posts
Nice ride I had a 96 too, but it was a 5 speed. Things you will want and need to change:
The AC vents always crack for some reason in those cars.
The AC/radio lights burn out most of the time.
The guage needles also burn out.

Those are the only real common issues with those cars, they run like champs. I sold mine with 123K on the clock and it was quieter than any car I have owned. Nice exhaust note too. Definitly upgrade to 97+ tail lights.

Only thing that sucks with those cars is that OEM parts are $$$.
Good luck and enjoy trouble free driving :)

·
Banned
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lis2k said:
Nice ride I had a 96 too, but it was a 5 speed. Things you will want and need to change:
The AC vents always crack for some reason in those cars.
The AC/radio lights burn out most of the time.
The guage needles also burn out.

Those are the only real common issues with those cars, they run like champs. I sold mine with 123K on the clock and it was quieter than any car I have owned. Nice exhaust note too. Definitly upgrade to 97+ tail lights.

Only thing that sucks with those cars is that OEM parts are $$$.
Good luck and enjoy trouble free driving :)
LOL, funny how i know all of those things you mentioned.
gonna replace all the dash lights with blue LED's.
then turbo sometime soon :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts