Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Supra I got, with the bad center support bearing?

Here's some pics.

It's got brand new tires, the engine was rebuilt some time ago (still has engine paint on it, so it did AT LEAST come out, lol!), 8.5mm MSD wires (also new), brand new starter, new battery (I bought that) and new oil in the engine and tranny (done by me) :)

Runs pretty good, but seems to be rich in the low/mid range... also has a Flowmaster muffler that sounds like shear ASS.

Pics. :D

'87 Supra, recently painted, 5spd (I think swapped - the front driveshaft seems too short!) w58, sunroof (I think aftermarket, but NO LEAKS!) that doesn't open... moon roof?

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Did I mention it was only $250, clean title and all? :D

·
512RWHP... 503RWTQ... 7M
3,292 Posts
Good find bro... $250, damn, the interior is worth more than that :)

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
Lucky bastard!

·
Registered
100 Posts
i agrree...good find...my first mkiii was an 87t 5spd...bad body...needed repair...and bad interior...bought it for 500 and spent 400 on repairs...not in nearly as good a condition

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, it's got Bosch +4 plugs in there.... any comments on those from the Supra community?

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
i posted that that your car looked nice earlier but i looks like there was an error or something.

nice find

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, I've been riding it around, and loving it... only thing is, it feels like it should have more power down low, and in the midrange. Over 4500rpm, though, and it GOES! Also, a light is on on the inside.. looks like a radiator (or an intercooler, but no turbo here :D) What causes that to come on?

Also, I know on Fords, that if you do a diagnostic check on it, the ECM will test all the sensors, and let you know what it finds - does the Toyota do that, too? The check engine light is not on currently... :)

·
Acceleration
3,833 Posts
If ur talking about the light all the way on the left side, that's the low coolant light. The sensor is in the overflow bottle in the bottom so if your overflow is low the light will come on. After filling it may take a little bit of driving to get it to turn off.
BTW yes Toyota has a diagnostics check :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
It is funny, so many people have those steering wheel covers to cover up the stock wheel after it gets cruddy. I wonder how much a new one goes for. Good deal on the car.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah, looks like I'll be trading this one for my buddy's 87 LOADED (super monitor, leather everything) targa (this one is a hardtop) turbo automatic... I already have the 5spd ecu, and a donor 5spd car lined up for it.

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
i paid 1300$ for a pile that i turned into something decent, nice sup, now change your SN.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok, guys, is it worth teh trade?

I can trade this '87 N/A 5 spd Supra, hardtop, runs good for an '87 Turbo Supra, fully loaded to the HILT, but has a BHG.

Even swap.

I really want a turbo :( And his is in almost as good a condition, on the outside. He paid a guy $1000 to do a head gasket job on his Supra, and the guy screwed him out - so he wants a reliable Supra for daily driving.

And I really want a turbo :D

·
2005 LP640
930 Posts
White89Supra said:
Ok, guys, is it worth teh trade?

I can trade this '87 N/A 5 spd Supra, hardtop, runs good for an '87 Turbo Supra, fully loaded to the HILT, but has a BHG.

Even swap.

I really want a turbo :( And his is in almost as good a condition, on the outside. He paid a guy $1000 to do a head gasket job on his Supra, and the guy screwed him out - so he wants a reliable Supra for daily driving.

And I really want a turbo :D
Headgasket should take no more than 500 bucks to fix. Easy and takes about a day if you REALLY suck with mechanics. Give about 3-4 days for milling the head though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts