Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
supra crazzzy
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today I just sold my 88 N/a. It was wierd when the kid came to test drive it, it reminds me of how I fell in love with it. The kid just though my car was out of this world. It almost brought tears to my eyes to watch him drive off with it i really loved that car im already missing it. Anyways i got 5,800 Canadian for it and now im going for my real dream of owning a turbo supra.
I have never driven a turbo supra so I have no idea what it would fell like with boost in a supra so anyone got some buying tips for a turbo?? anything that I should notice different from my n/a??? I know alot about supra in general as it just wondering how u would describe the feeling of turbo in a supra.

thnx for any input.

·
JZA70 or go home!!
2,495 Posts
damn you ripped him good!! wait how much is 5,800 cnd in America??

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
From what I noticed in a stock turbo supra, It will just accelerate faster, and you should hear the turbo a little. Other than that on stock cars, I couldn't tell a differnce. The turbo exhaust, may also be quieter.

·
desufnoC
1,842 Posts
I guess you should just pull the accordion hose off the turbo and check the compressor wheel for any shaft play. If its nice and firm (left and right is what your checking for, not so much in and out) then the turbo should be in decent condition.

As with any supra, the thing to be on the watch for is maintenance. Surely you need to know about any BHG history, oil leaks, etc etc.

As far as what it will feel like. With your old NA power would come on around 4k and pull pretty good up until redline, especially if you have a decent exhaust/intake.

With the turbo, you will notice new found torque around 2.5-5k If its stock, the power will fall off above much more than 5-5.5k.

It will still feel lots faster than what you are used to, trust me ;)

·
Registered
273 Posts
Well you're always going to have some axial shaft play .It is inherent in the bearing design..Just like all the other engine bearings, they have to have clearance enough to allow the oil to create a film in between. It's thrust play that's the killer.

·
Tampa Bay Supras
707 Posts
JDM KING said:
damn you ripped him good!! wait how much is 5,800 cnd in America??

With today's exchange rate.....

$5,800.00 CAD = $4,684.90 USD

1 - 6 of 6 Posts