Supra Forums banner

My new favorite lux convertible maybe ever.

1K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  Ocelot 
#1 · (Edited)
#4 ·
Tatanko said:
I wish my school didn't block ebay so I could see what it was :doh:
heres a few....

#9 ·
i like the headlights a lot. Those little squinty top lights flashing on in gorgeous xenon will be hot like Africa.

#13 ·
ALEX-LAMBO said:
WOW it looks like shit...a SL65 is an awesome convertible! :sad:
See I'm quite the opposite. I think the SL line is very blah now. MB always makes cars that have style for 1-2 years tops, then I see a million of them and I just think they look kind of blah.

DOnt get me wrong id take a SL65 if it was handed to me - but I could think of a dozen other cars I would want before it. This RR is unique as hell... like or it not - they are taking a chance... MB is too conservative often - the first glimpse of going out on a limb was the SL-R but after seeing that in person i was alittle let down as well.

i really like the CLS55 and the SLK55 and right now I think they are the best crap MB has, but like all MB I think I will just get bored with them. Some cars have lasting impressions - MKIV, NSX, Diablo (and id like to believe the Phantom and 100EX); the SL65 isnt one of them.

#15 ·
the concept had the 9.0 V-16, but the production model will probably get the Phantoms 6.75 V-12 (450hp, 550tq IIRC)

#16 ·
if that is the 100ex, it is a factory one off that will NOT be sold to the public...I read it in a Robb Report yesterday

#17 ·
that is the 100EX - but not a lot will change on the body from concept to production. Engine will change and a few minor things, but other then that they are pushing for it to be very similar.

#22 ·
This car is definitely pimp. I would, as Alex pointed, take a SL65 before that, more sporty, more "young" I guess. Plus, mods are pretty easy! ;)

The Rolls is just too much pimp and attitude for me at my age I think. But as you say Wob, if it was handed to me, why not! ;)

But right now, at the top of my list for dream cars, either a new DB9 Vanquish, SLR or the new 700 hp Murcis! ;)

-Olivier

#23 ·
That's a pretty nice little ride, but I prefer something a bit sportier, like this this or something more luxurious like this. Of course, they're custom jobs, but nice nonetheless :biggrin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.