Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well i just picked up this 1968 Chevrolet Camaro SS. This car has a original 18,159 miles on it but is in quite rough shape. The car was a original 395/375hp 4sp car but currently has a 427 in it. It now resides in my garage and work has already started on it with the heads coming off tomorrow. I should have the complete drivetrain out by next week when i have time on the weekend.

I plan on doing a frame up restoration and hope to have it completed within 12 months. The camaro will be receiving many products from Detroit Speed and Engineering, Baer brakes, Air Flow Research, and more. I haven't decided to whether to ditch the muncie in favor of a T56 yet. I also haven't decided to up the cubic inchs to the 500+ ci territory yet. Heres the starting point with the car

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
GTZ said:
I have a psp AND a DS

I'm guessing you mean power steering pump and driveshaft? If so, Detriot speed is gonna be taking care of the power steering pump and dennys driveshaft is going to be building me a new driveshaft for this car.

·
TE44 NA-T
1,026 Posts
I thought he meant Playstation Portable and Nintendo DS. :dunno:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Awesome man! Here's my 69 firebird that my dad and I restored. That 427 should provide quite a kick from 0-60 :D

·
NFA Pimp
2,734 Posts
Now a young asian doing up a 1st gen Camaro. You don't see that everyday. ;) Can't wait to see the finished project Alex. :D Do a twin turbo FI small block. :eek:

·
King of the Jungle
1,265 Posts
Nice man, I've got a 380hp '68 Firebird that I love but have to sell because I don't enjoy it nearly enough for the money I have into it. 1st gens are most certainly my favorite muscle car, especially the '68 Camaro RS SS :D

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
awesome project, def my favorite muscle car..Couldnt keep from looking away at a few very clean ones down at hotrod week in OC..Black w/ deep dish polished wheels would look :naughty:

·
Never narc'd on nobody
3,246 Posts
Nice man, I love those cars.

A real 396/375 4 speed car too....with 18,000 miles; that's a hell of a starting point! Good luck, that should be an awesome project.

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,376 Posts
adversary said:
I thought he meant Playstation Portable and Nintendo DS. :dunno:

:werdlol: i was thinking wow random ass post. :D

nice car

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
G said:
Now a young asian doing up a 1st gen Camaro. You don't see that everyday. ;) Can't wait to see the finished project Alex. :D Do a twin turbo FI small block. :eek:

Keep in mind i had a 1991 Camaro Z28 with a 388 stroker, AFR 210cc heads, FAST ECM, and a D1-SC intercooled procharger, 12 bolt, and T56 :D

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
LexISpooled said:
awesome project, def my favorite muscle car..Couldnt keep from looking away at a few very clean ones down at hotrod week in OC..Black w/ deep dish polished wheels would look :naughty:

I'm thinking about doing jet black, or maybe same color scheme that it has on there. i'm also thinking about doing CCW SP500 for the wheels.

·
Hardtopper Once Again!
1,709 Posts
If that car is truely an original 18k mile car, it is a shame to see the condition and engine change on the car.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts