Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally got my new motor, it feels like christmas up in here, lol.
here are some pics, brought it from best jap motors in Marietta, GA, price was 900.00 other pic is my rims 19" konig imagines and my cheesy 89 trd tag lol

·
Go All Electric
1,183 Posts
My motor was from Best Jap too. Congrats!

·
Señor Member
4,741 Posts
Nice wheels, get a good deal on them? How much, if you dont mind?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Yeah i've been to best jap motors, they seem pretty good. Is that $900 for just the motor, or the for the motor and trans? Even if its for just the motor, its a pretty good price. Also, did you have an n/a before, or did you just need a new motor?

-Nick

·
Armed to the Teeth
243 Posts
The wheel looks like BBS knockoffs. Nice!

·
Go All Electric
1,183 Posts
Old-Skool said:
Yeah i've been to best jap motors, they seem pretty good. Is that $900 for just the motor, or the for the motor and trans? Even if its for just the motor, its a pretty good price. Also, did you have an n/a before, or did you just need a new motor?

-Nick
I haven't been. The last owner took care of it for me :D :p . I have heard great tihngs and the engine runs very well and there was vindication confirmation of motor/chassis for mileage.

The 900$ cost should be motor long-block only.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Wouldnt want to sell that turbo heat shield would you?

·
evil will always triumph
2,225 Posts
good deal man.... did they rebuild it also??? when i got mine it didnt come with a starter:( i got mine at Pasific Engine Co. they did a full rebuild on it so i could put a MHG on it:D o well LOL good luck man!! if u need any help holla at me.... im in roswell GA and have already done this to my car :D

chris

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Interex_87 said:
Nice wheels, get a good deal on them? How much, if you dont mind?
they were originally 1900 for just wheels but a guy in norcross at xtraauto, cut me a deal, i payed 1200 for em

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Old-Skool said:

-Nick
i just needed a new 1, old 1 had alot of overheating problems and finally when on me, then i broke it down to fix but found a cracked piston and down feel like going thru the trouble of rebuilding it, plus it has 170k + miles ( i know they are stronger motors) but i wanted to start of fresh. eventually i will brake the old 1 down even more just to learn more about it and had to rebuild it. oh and yeah it was motor alone

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
toyoguru said:
Wouldnt want to sell that turbo heat shield would you?
toyoguru--

i have another heat shield i can give u if u want, would probably need to polish it alittle bit but i think still in good shape.

supraman741--

coo, yeah they put a new hg on it but i didn't get a chance to let them know i wanted to make it a mhg :( that was all they did to it
here is my number 678-776-5385, name is rick. i'm always down with meeting more supra peeps. car will be gettin some nice black paint soon then it will be back on the road :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
How much do you want for it shipped to 28352?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts