41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Acolyte of Dienekes
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Thanks guys!

Joe89 said:
Quarter mile times....now!
[email protected] with a 1.8X 60ft by the previous owner. Hopefully she has a high 10 in her eventually if I get that 60ft down a bit, should be feasible with that trap speed. Honestly though I think auto-x is more fun than drag racing, and I'm planning on tracking her at willow springs once I get a few things like oil cooler and thermostat worked out.

·
Passion Driven
1,689 Posts
Godzilla said:
Is there any go forums on hybrid FC/FD's?
www.torquecentral.com

Hellspawn: How is the car when you "launch"? I mean, given the right conditions, I already can get pretty bad wheel hop with my 13b, I suppose having all of that torque with an IRS rear end won't help much, but at least everything else is there.

I don't like the idea of a "project" car as a consideration for a normal daily driver, but as I read more and more about how everything can/will function normally, I'm even more convinced. It'll have to wait, though, my FD is for sale so I can move that money elsewhere (IRA acct, Real Estate).

I am much the same, as far as tracking the car too. Don't just bring your LS1-FD to the AutoX events, bring it to the local track events as well, and let us know how it all go's!

I'll be in the same boat (or should I say...fast little ship)...someday... :sadwavey:

·
Acolyte of Dienekes
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Thanks guys!

PhoeniXDownVII said:
www.torquecentral.com

Hellspawn: How is the car when you "launch"? I mean, given the right conditions, I already can get pretty bad wheel hop with my 13b, I suppose having all of that torque with an IRS rear end won't help much, but at least everything else is there.

I don't like the idea of a "project" car as a consideration for a normal daily driver, but as I read more and more about how everything can/will function normally, I'm even more convinced. It'll have to wait, though, my FD is for sale so I can move that money elsewhere (IRA acct, Real Estate).

I am much the same, as far as tracking the car too. Don't just bring your LS1-FD to the AutoX events, bring it to the local track events as well, and let us know how it all go's!

I'll be in the same boat (or should I say...fast little ship)...someday... :sadwavey:
I haven't taken it to the strip yet, just 1 auto-x so far, but it will be at the strip soon. I actually haven't noticed much wheelhop myself, not sure why. Only suspension I have done are tein s-tech springs.

And yeah, I will definitely be taking it to track events as well as auto-x and the drag strip :) Goodluck with the FD sale, get another one asap!

Vilhelm said:
Wow, that looks great man, when are you changing the exhaust? The exhaust that is on it now looks like shit, other than that the car is pure sex :D
haha that's on the to-do list, but man I do love the way the borla sounds!

41 - 53 of 53 Posts