Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Senior Spooler
1,213 Posts
Tony,
What exactly is the difference between yours and the "pro version" if I may ask.
I have the old style CC and it got much better after 1k miles or so....
I think you made the right choice in FW's, if I did it over, it would be the heavier FW. I will say though its fine when you get used to it.

thanks, :)
Tom

· Senior Spooler
1,213 Posts
TT_6SPD_95 said:
Tom,
That question would be better answered by Ryan...I am sure he knows the exact difference in detail.

Is the lightweight flywheel you have noisy at idle and if not what is your idle set at? I have mine set at 750rpm which is very close to what the factory idle is. I like my idle low.:) Did you actually weigh your whole setup...if so, what was the weight?

Take Care
Tony,

My idle is set for 1k rpm and it rattles very,very little, depressed not at all. If you lug the car at all, it will let you know, although I rarely do. Also decel its makes its presence known but again no big deal.
The only issue is cold its grippy but really slippable. Makes this weird squeal occasionally too.
No, I never weighed it but I know people have posted the weight before.

Tom

· Senior Spooler
1,213 Posts
I see now said the blind man as he picked up his hammer and saw. :)

Seriously, it looks like they made a FW out of a heavier material it looks very similar to the LWFW. Also on the "PRO" version it looks like they used more rivets to hold the pucks on plus the pucks look seperate on the "pro". Yours looks like solid pucks?
I'm sure a material difference too? :dunno: Nice pics......
Please follow up after some 1.40 60's and some street launches and mileage.

Probably should move this to the parts review section.:sadwavey:

Thanks Tony!;)

· Senior Spooler
1,213 Posts
TT_6SPD_95 said:
Also, a very important point about this clutch...I can take off at an idle and not have to worry about killing it or anything like that. I think that is definately an important factor to consider for the driveability of a clutch.

I really don't mind revving a car up some to take off, but it is a bonus if you don't have to I guess.
EXACTLY!!
Also, if for any reason someone else needs to drive or park your car they can without restarting it fifteen times. My clutch when cold is a guaranteed theft deterent system. :)

· Senior Spooler
1,213 Posts
The newer style FW is lighter than the stock unit too, but not sure exactly the weight differences. I would've used the heavier FW had it been available. Not sure on rattle noise from reading Tony's posts he has a stock idle and little noise, I have a 1k idle and little noise.(lwfw)
The heavier FW is more user friendly on the street for stop and go traffic. Once you get adapted to the LWFW its not a big deal really. I would imagine the heavier FW is also easier to launch at the track too, how much easier no idea.
I know of a car that had the LWFW and it was abused beyond words on the track and street with no issues launching. The car also was pushing near 800 or it had 800 whp.
My vote would be the heavier edition if you prefer a little less rattle and smoother engagement for the street.
My two sense........

I'd certainly call Rob or whoever answers the phone at RPS and ask weight differences and their thoughts for your personal goals and power levels. I'd also await Tony's replies after he dragraces this clutch a while.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.