Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Holy crap, those look killer! Unlike a lot of racing seats that tend to stand out too much, these seem to blend in very nicely to provide a very purposeful look. . .nice pick!

·
Supralicious
872 Posts
Got any plans on fabricating any more brackets? In the future, I'd be interested in doing this installation. I'm a broke ass mofo right now.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Wow those look great, and fit your car perfectly. I like how they are black with the red logo. :bigthumb: Good choice!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mr2jzgte said:
Got any plans on fabricating any more brackets? In the future, I'd be interested in doing this installation. I'm a broke ass mofo right now.

Probably not since it was such a PITA. I also dont want to be liable if they dont hold and you and your seat come flying out of the car.

Thanks for all the compliments. Hopefully ill have the black carpet soon and ill post some better pics.

more pics of my car:
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=329358

·
Vietnamese Supra Owner
615 Posts
damn those a hot. good job man...

·
Highway Demon
2,875 Posts
you lucky bastard.. hahah you got the black leather ones.. i just installed an evo seat that i got for free a few months back into my car as well but it was the older style black/blue alacantar and cloth one.. i did not need to custom fab anything though.. i just had to buy the bride seat rail and it almost matched up perfectly.. it was a pretty simple install all i had to do was to remove the factory sliders/bar and the metal tabs(had to cut off the metal tabs that was connected to the bar) that were associated with them, then drill the holes on the bride rail/slider a little larger to match up to the bolt pattern under the seat.. use about roughly i think it was 8 washers on one side btwn the seat and slider/rail to match the factory metal spacer thats welded on to the bottum opposite side of the seat and bolt it all together, then bolt it into the car and voila.. evo seat into a supra.. i chose to go that route because the bride seat bracket and sliders is a one peice deal as opposed to the standard recaro/sparco way which uses a seperate slider set and then a seperate seat bracket set. the bride setup is more low profile since it is bracket and slider together.. :bigthumb: great choice on the seats though.. i am jelouse..

Brian

·
Hardtopper
252 Posts
Those look Great.....NOW FIND ME A PAIR!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Silver94Supra said:
The new seats look great. How comfortable are they?

thanks man. Theyre really comfortable. Nice and cushiony with big side bolsters to keep you in unlike the stock seats. They are basically Recaro Sport seats. I just like the color combo better than anything they sell for aftermarket. The suede on leather is so nice.

http://www.recaro.com/index.php?id=391&region=3&L=2

·
Registered
21 Posts
looks good :bigthumb:

·
Captain Cool
1,452 Posts
95jza80tt said:
you lucky bastard.. hahah you got the black leather ones.. i just installed an evo seat that i got for free a few months back into my car as well but it was the older style black/blue alacantar and cloth one.. i did not need to custom fab anything though.. i just had to buy the bride seat rail and it almost matched up perfectly.. it was a pretty simple install all i had to do was to remove the factory sliders/bar and the metal tabs(had to cut off the metal tabs that was connected to the bar) that were associated with them, then drill the holes on the bride rail/slider a little larger to match up to the bolt pattern under the seat.. use about roughly i think it was 8 washers on one side btwn the seat and slider/rail to match the factory metal spacer thats welded on to the bottum opposite side of the seat and bolt it all together, then bolt it into the car and voila.. evo seat into a supra.. i chose to go that route because the bride seat bracket and sliders is a one peice deal as opposed to the standard recaro/sparco way which uses a seperate slider set and then a seperate seat bracket set. the bride setup is more low profile since it is bracket and slider together.. :bigthumb: great choice on the seats though.. i am jelouse..

Brian

damn it Brian,,,now our secret is out,,,basterd

·
FUCK JDM
3,933 Posts
95jza80tt said:

Brian

I think this will be some valuable info. for those wanting to swap in different seats..... great job... any pics

1 - 20 of 37 Posts