Supra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Over this winter I under went a fairly large overhaul on my car. Built Motor/ Head work, New turbo, Tranny rebuild...Tuesday I made my way down to MSP. Paul and Manny( A very knowledgeable new addition to the MSP team) did some tuning.

Paul spent about 5 hours reworking my 4" exhaust to mate up with my stlye of header. Which was suppose to fit... We strap the car down and broke the motor in in less than 15-20 minutes, then came low boost( 18 psi) we make 630rwhp( I'm happy with that). Next pull pop, blow off a hose. Get that straight... We then add C-16 and are getting ready to turn the boost up. Go to push in the clutch and the C-clip pops off at the throwout bearing... at this point it's 8:30 at night, I'm tired, I know Paul and Manny are probably ready to call it a night.... So, Calmly Paul looks at Manny and asks " how are you feeling?" :) Then he tells me to just stand back.. as my face in frustation is obvious. They had my tranny out in less than 15 minutes... lol. Manny discovered that I had the flat washer on the wrong side.. You would think after having installed 12 clutches or so I wouldn't make that mistake.. :freak: They get the tranny in and we get the car back on the dyno... First pull blows another hose off.. Shit!!...

Finally we get the hose straight and We make a few back to back pulls and made 840 rwhp and 700 tq @ 31-32 psi.. I'm still using the alphabet soup for now so I was very happy with this number. This was 11.9 a/f. The stock intake will be replaced in the next few weeks so, we're hoping for high 800s to the wheels. Hopefully I'll have a comparision soon.

My mods
74S .81 a/r
hks 272 cams
MSP/Justice racing street/strip built motor
MSP spec CP pistons/rings/pins/Oliver rods/ Coated MSP bearings/ and ARP hardware
MSP Ported and polished head
Ferrea 1mm oversized valves/guides/Dual spring and retainers
4" Dp/MP and modified Gt spec.
Stock intake mani and throttle body for the time being... the MSP street intake manifold is in the works.. just wasn't ready in time.
Wotm Pro Carbon/Carbon clutch... this thing really does rock so far!!

I would like to sincerely thank Paul/MSP team and Jim @ Justice race engines for building and ploting out a badass motor!! Paul and Manny for their determination to get the car done and tuned before they flew out the next mourning for Topeka. Truely a dedicated group of guys!! I CAN NOT say enough Good things about the way MSP and Paul has treated me. :) Ryan at wotm for the clutch and help over the phone... and making sure my clutch was hare and ready when I needed it. Tommy bahn..thaks for the Oliver Rods, a pleasure doing business with you bud!

I'll be running this weekend at MIR and hopefully I'll have a new personal best with the new found horsepower. :bigthumb: Thanks and I'm done ranting and raving now.. lol

Take care,
Matt

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
WoW What a night.

Talk about heart wrenching huh? I think i'd cry if heard a loud pop after a rebuid and first time on the dyno :D

Congrats Matt. Looking forward to seeing some new best time. :bigthumb:

·
SUPRAS FOR LIFE
4,186 Posts
hey man...u think u could post any dyno charts....thanks!!

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
Matt, congrats on the numbers, I look forward to hearing how your car performs this weekend. :bigok:
Peter

·
Banned
5,062 Posts
Congrats Matt!! Paul told me over the phone and I was very impressed :eek3:

This weekend is gonna be very interesting. Good luck to you.

vnt :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
Glad to hear you got it back together Matt - badass numbers. :D

·
Former Moderator
3,785 Posts
Good job Matt. Those are very high numbers for a car on the alphabet soup. Are you switching to AEM anytime soon!? ;)

-Olivier

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,783 Posts
Congrats Matt!!! Isn't it great when you have some really dedicated folks working with ya like MSP!?

This season is shaping up nicely - hope to get a few runs in with you, tony, Val, Jimmy, etc... :D

Jay

·
Boost Junkie
12,740 Posts
Great numbers, especially on alphabet soup. Can't wait to see what it runs this weekend.

Steve K.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Congrats again Matt. I want to see what improvement the intake
will give. I think Tony picked up 30+ to the wheels. Should be
interesting. See you Sunday.
Wayne

·
Registered
763 Posts
Hells yes! That is awsome news. I had no idea you already had all this together. I really can not believe that you are still on the alphabet soup. It is definitely time to step it up a notch with an AEM and nice consistent 5 bar map sensor :)

With an AEM and a lotta boost you should be making some really great numbers. Also, I feel your torque numbers are sweet with the mods you have so far. What size injectors are you running???

Enjoy all the new mods you deserve it bro! Looks like you really got hooked up working with some really good people. Keep us posted on the progress of everything and let us know how you like that clutch after a good 40 to 50 passes :).

-pete

·
Registered
422 Posts
Nice setup Matt looks very promising! How does that 74S spool up on the built motor?

Hope the C/C treats you well this weekend. Good Luck! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
353 Posts
Congrats on building an awesome setup! Can't wait for Sunday when this power hits the pavement! :D

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks Everyone... Went to the track only to have the c-clip pop again this weekend!! I still have no idea what the car will do at this point. I think I may have a solution for the c-clip.

My plan is to run the car the way it sits for now... Then add the intake manifold and dyno to compare spool and power. I'll make the plunge with the AEM and bigger injectors late in the year. At which point we will be shooting for 900+ I'm running 850cc injectors for the time being. I'm paying close attention to make sure I don't run out of injector. Hopefully this weekend we'll have some solid shakedown numbers. Thanks to everyone and Thanks to MSP again!!

Matt

1 - 17 of 17 Posts