Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...is smoking like shit! when I leave the car running for a few minutes the turbo somehow leaks oil from somewhere on the exhaust side and smokes like crazy(on outside of turbo, not in).I tightend all the bolts on the turbo and it still leaks and SILL SMOKES! WTF !!! Do you have any Idea how to fix this problem?

Thanks

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
sounds like oil line return not in it place

hello guys help the guy :cool:

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks 2x TTs. I will try pretty much anything. But the return line seems like it could be the problem. Thanks for your help and bad ass supra!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No man Im serious your car looks good! Do you have a website or something with any more pics?

But back to my car, it wasnt the return line that is leaking ,I cant figure it out. I am having it looked at later today:( . If you have any more ideas I would be glad to hear them.

Thanks agian.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hope you used all new gaskets and washers.

Redturbo said:
No man Im serious your car looks good! Do you have a website or something with any more pics?

But back to my car, it wasnt the return line that is leaking ,I cant figure it out. I am having it looked at later today:( . If you have any more ideas I would be glad to hear them.

Thanks agian.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If the oil return was leaking it would just drip down under the car. The oil feed where it meets the turbo might be it, if it leaks just a little the oil hitting the hot turbine housing will smoke quite a bit. Check for leaks, all there is to it.

·
Registered
989 Posts
This happened to a couple people I know. It could be the return line but, not because it is leaking. The return line has to be straight down, not at an angle or not crimped any where. If it is not straight the turbo can not return enough volume of the oil, there for over flowing the turbo and causing it to spill though the a/r housing, into your down pipe and out the back of your exhaust system. Or your internal turbo oil seal could be bad.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts