Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
That quiet guy
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally upgraded. I think I overdid it this time. I went from a bone stock 1986 Honda Interceptor 500 to a 1992 Honda CBR600F2. Well, I took it for a ride today, and the thing is scary. For me at least, probably not for you guys. I didn't know that it was far from being stock just by looks. The only thing I noticed was the pipe (full Vance & Hines), but just before I took it out, he said it was jetted and everything else. Get it out on the street, and I'm scared shitless. The thing is a beast for me. Guess I got a vertical wall to climb from here on, huh?

I'll post pics up as soon as I get it home. Which should be wednesday if the weather isnt too crappy like it's supposed to be.

·
They giggle
1,935 Posts
You'll get used to the power in a month or two, and you'll want more. You'll start to notice that is gets slower and slower, probably believing that there's something wrong with it. It's the same like in boosted cars, LOL. :rofl:

·
That quiet guy
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah thats what someone said to me. They wanted me to jump right to a 1000 or a CBR929RR. But I'm gonna enjoy this one since I start at college in the fall. Besides, I have to fix a few things and I plan on using this bike to teach myself how to fix the damn thing myself (with help from a manual of course) but like always, its a learning experience.

Oh yeah i can't find my camera so I haven't been able to get pictures yet :(

·
A T-Rex going "Rawr!"
2,778 Posts
Wait, wait, PIPED and JETTED?!?! BOTH?! Holy fuck!

Thats a death machine man, I'd advise you to not ride such a heavily modified bike. It could throw a rod at any moment pushing that kind power.

·
That quiet guy
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wait, wait, PIPED and JETTED?!?! BOTH?! Holy fuck!

Thats a death machine man, I'd advise you to not ride such a heavily modified bike. It could throw a rod at any moment pushing that kind power.
Come on cut me some slack. I'm comin off of an 86 interceptor that had nothing compared to this. oobe was right I am gettin used to it but its completely different from my old bike.

I'm not dumb, jetted and full pipe aren't much. Thats intake and exhaust. I could do it myself. But its still more than I would bargain for. I'm sorry that I havent had the motor blueprinted, the pistons shaved to a .000001 of an ass-hair's width, or an extended swing-arm with nitrous and a turbo charger. For now, I can afford new tires and I think for awhile, I'll be happy with what I have because I can afford it. :)

·
Fasthawk
145 Posts
Good job for not giving in to peer pressure. I can't believe there are still pricks out there who think you're a pussy if you ride within your limits.

·
They giggle
1,935 Posts
You are mean, Worm. Cut him some slack...not everybody is at the same level as you on bikes. :bigthumb:

·
A T-Rex going "Rawr!"
2,778 Posts
Just giving you shit man, ride it like you stole it!

Just thought this was funny "..FAR from stock". Then you go on to say its piped/jetted. :lol:

I remember my first time running a turbo busa through the gears, I came back I was shaking like I was about to go into a sugar coma! :rofl: I envy you, I need some crazy speed nowadays to get that rush. ;)

·
That quiet guy
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well see he didn't tell me everything he had done to the bike. He said it was piped, jetted, and had "other things." I wasn't sure what else and I never got to talk to him about it but its been wrecked before (told us that AFTER we had bought it and everything)

I still don't want to go super fast and all out in a straight line. I want to learn how to take turns and corners but I have to get new tires and leathers for the track before I do that. But thats part of the reason I just stuck with a 600.

And I figured the shit was just because of what I said before about the not stock deal. When I rode the thing the first time I was shakin because I hadn't ridden anything like that. I can't imagine riding a 'Busa, especially turbo charged and everything, though I'm sure thats another different feeling since its a bigger and heavier bike that can do 200 easy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts