Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I just got my MK2 1984 supra, and I starting to read and find parts and help would be great, who to get motor and transmission from ??

thanks for your time

James

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi guys I just got my MK2 1984 supra, and I starting to read and find parts and help would be great, who to get motor and transmission from ??

thanks for your time

James
I did get my motor mounts from drift motion, I felt like they really did not want to talk to me...….sure makes it hard to give them my money.

James

·
Question to suit.
3,562 Posts
Shop where they make you feel good.

That sucks they made you feel like that.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
I did get my motor mounts from drift motion, I felt like they really did not want to talk to me...….sure makes it hard to give them my money.

James
I hate you got that feeling from driftmotion. They've always been my go to for anything. Years and years ago, the owner Aaron flew out from Cali to Alabama to help me with my wiring for free. He stayed with me for three days. We got my 1jz install wired up, running and on the dyno. I couldn't have done it without him. They are great people and must have been busy.

I love the wheels you chose. The look like the CCW's I ordered a while back. Mine aren't black though, but they look similar. Can't wait to see how this turns out.

Jeff, the other guy up there posting has dont' this swap and is a very knowledgeable person. If he tell you something, it'll be right. Good luck.

·
Registered
56 Posts

James
Interesting. I emailed them for the first time a couple weeks ago to verify something about a product and still haven't heard back from them.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I hate you got that feeling from driftmotion. They've always been my go to for anything. Years and years ago, the owner Aaron flew out from Cali to Alabama to help me with my wiring for free. He stayed with me for three days. We got my 1jz install wired up, running and on the dyno. I couldn't have done it without him. They are great people and must have been busy.

I love the wheels you chose. The look like the CCW's I ordered a while back. Mine aren't black though, but they look similar. Can't wait to see how this turns out.

Jeff, the other guy up there posting has dont' this swap and is a very knowledgeable person. If he tell you something, it'll be right. Good luck.
Thanks for the information, I met Aaron, at SIV 2017 I didn't have a supra at the time I said I was looking for a MK2 and He said he would be more then happy to help me, I have bought some parts and wanted to talk to him and he never got back to me, I really like to talk to someone when I give them my money, I'm going to build this car one way or a nother.

James

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
So today I sent off my spark plug cover to the painter to get painted rootbeer brown.
mail call got 3" down pipe, water pump, timing belt kit, new serpentine belt
on order my motor mounts drift motion.
slowly things will start to come together. looking at powder coating all the parts
things I need inter cooler and piping, radiator and fans, power steering reservoir
any idea's please share

thanks James

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
James, I may have a intercooler here at the house. I don't know if it will fit in the space you have available on your MKII. Can you measure and see and I will check to see if I have one out here tomorrow.

·
Question to suit.
3,562 Posts
Concept Fabrication is local to you (SV).

Micah is an excellent Fabricator, and his work has been on the big shows like outlaw. Good family man, too. Been to his shop and seen his work personally.

If you did need professional welding for the intercooler setup, and more, he is awesome.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I went to school with Micah, I been to he's shop its super nice He welds a lot better then I do. Its hard to nail it When you weld once every three months... he has plama cam. He is about 8 miles away....not bad

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Concept Fabrication is local to you (SV).

Micah is an excellent Fabricator, and his work has been on the big shows like outlaw. Good family man, too. Been to his shop and seen his work personally.

If you did need professional welding for the intercooler setup, and more, he is awesome.
I went to school with Micah, I been to he's shop its super nice He welds a lot better then I do. Its hard to nail it When you weld once every three months... he has plasma cam. He is about 8 miles away....not bad

·
Question to suit.
3,562 Posts
He's definitely a big fish in a small town!

Great customer service.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Do you have some pictures of your ccw wheels please

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,259 Posts

Must have been a LONGGGG time ago, hes far too busy these days. I never get ahold of the guy. In fact I was really pissed off at him for trying to insunuate I lied. I purchased a LS400 clutch fan way before he was modding them for the jz swaps. He told me what oil to buy before back maybe 5-7 years ago. I called him up maybe 2 months ago becuase I finally got around to swapping the oil and he said he didn't ever sell them normal and that I couldn't have bough it from him. He reluctantly gave me the info after I told him he told me I bought it and I wanted to confrim it was this weight oil.

I don't know if he doesn't know who I am, or doesn't care. I know I've purchased many parts off him in the past and present.

I've been buying parts off Velocity Performace Racing recently as he's always very prompt.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Must have been a LONGGGG time ago, hes far too busy these days. I never get ahold of the guy. In fact I was really pissed off at him for trying to insunuate I lied. I purchased a LS400 clutch fan way before he was modding them for the jz swaps. He told me what oil to buy before back maybe 5-7 years ago. I called him up maybe 2 months ago becuase I finally got around to swapping the oil and he said he didn't ever sell them normal and that I couldn't have bough it from him. He reluctantly gave me the info after I told him he told me I bought it and I wanted to confrim it was this weight oil.

I don't know if he doesn't know who I am, or doesn't care. I know I've purchased many parts off him in the past and present.

I've been buying parts off Velocity Performace Racing recently as he's always very prompt.
Aaron, from Drift motion, called me back the other day talked to me for about 20 minutes, I'm glad he took the time to call me back.

James

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Replaced my timing belt, water pump and belt tensioner, 3rd time in two years tensioner was wrong !! make sure you really look at them, and bag and tag nuts and bolts
JVT4dB.jpg

1 - 19 of 19 Posts