Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Supra Enthusiast
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After running a 13.8 at TX2K6, I realized that I needed lots of track time. I started that night with a 14.6, then a 14.somethin, then a 14.01 and finished with a 13.8.

Last night, IdealSupra, F & H Performance, Dr. Bowser and I went to a local Test N Tune. My first pass was a [email protected] I leaned the car out a tad in the mid range then ran a 13.9 again but this time at 104. My 60ft times for both were 2.2ish so I was definitelly fighting to get out the hole. My third pass was a [email protected] which lifted my spirits for sure to be back on track. After dropping the tire pressure down a tad more and launching a little higher, I was able to pull off a [email protected] with a 60 ft of 2.0. Needless to say I was friggin happy that I was able to drop my time down a bit and bring up my MPH. Now I just need to get my 60' times down and find out the best place to launch.

**Readers Digest Version**

Ran 13.8 @ 100 at TX2K6

Last night at local Test N Tune
1st pass - 13.9 @ 100.51 60' - 2.2
2nd pass - 13.9 @ 104.84 60' - 2.3
3rd pass - 13.6 @ 104.69 60' - 2.2
4th pass - 13.4 @ 104.43 60' - 2.0

Now it's time to change/fix a few things and head back. The 13.8 at Texas was the first time that I had ever ran a 13, and that was an amazing feeling. Now, I can almost taste a 12 second pass. I know that it's there, I just have to find out how to get it :faint:
-Eli

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
very nice! 12 is deffinetely in your sight bro, keep it up!

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Good job man!! what turbo setup do u have? anyways good numbers :bigthumb:
saif

·
Supra Enthusiast
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Basically I have a SC61, 550's, 3" turbo back, hardpipes, ic, 3923's, vpc, gcc, tial wg with .9 spring, eibach springs, and tokico blues. I'm also running MKIV wheels with Nitto 555's

·
Registered
339 Posts
Good passes. whats your mods?

·
RIP 86.5 N/A, Hello 90T
2,293 Posts
Kick ass Eli, glad to see you getting some track time.

As for me I ran an 11.5 last friday

on my bike :)

~Dan

·
Registered
559 Posts
damn with that setup you can definitely do a lot better. a decent driver can get a BPU ct26 mkiii in the 13's, just turn up the boost!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
How much boost are you running? nice to see that you have the times down but with that mph I would guess your hp is right around 300rwhp. (or have you dynoed or tunned yet?)

·
Supra Enthusiast
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm running off the wastegate which is the .9bar spring. As far as dyno time or actual tuning, no. As soon as I install my new fuel management, I'll tune and get some dyno time.

·
Supra Enthusiast
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
csolstad said:
damn with that setup you can definitely do a lot better. a decent driver can get a BPU ct26 mkiii in the 13's, just turn up the boost!
Speaking of turning up the boost..........
When I ran that 13.8 @100 in Texas, I had a manual boost controller and was running about 17-18psi. The 13.4 @ 104 was just off that wastegate. Once I get a boost controller I'll turn her up and see what I can do :naughty:

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
what do you all think about a 13.7 @106 with a 2.47 60'? lots of wheelspin till 3rd gear.

·
Project:: Reaper
1,401 Posts
not too bad i guess. I have the stock CT26 set at 16 psi, full 3in turbo back, 550's, lex afm, apexi intake, and no tuning and went 13.4 @104 with a 2.034 60' on IS300 wheels with shit 235 bridgestone tires. you can do better man c'mon!!!!!

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
yea.. your deff down on power.. Get a wideband and tune it! check for boost leaks..

pretty good driving.. power shit and bang the gears to hell.. how i managed to get a 13.52 at 102 with only a 2.06 60'.. lol

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
RTA Supra said:
Sounds like F & H's run last night. Hopefully he'll come on here and share = P
I thought they trapped 116mph? 10mph in the 1/4 is a HUGE difference. 116 is good for a low 12s pass with a good driver.

You guys are lucky I didn't come out and join! ;) On my slippy clutch runs I still would have killed you both.

·
Supra Enthusiast
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
psifactor said:
You guys are lucky I didn't come out and join! ;) On my slippy clutch runs I still would have killed you both.
:jerkit: :blah:

Don't make me piitb again. All I hear from you is talking. ALWAYS trying to one up whoever it is you're in the conversation with. Just bring it. That is all :takethat:

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
RTA Supra said:

Don't make me piitb again. All I hear from you is talking. ALWAYS trying to one up whoever it is you're in the conversation with. Just bring it. That is all :takethat:

u know eli, u had ur chance to PIITB to kelly @ texas when u were sleeping naked under the sheets in the same bed kelly was in!!!

but you fell asleep u tank volume snoring bastard!

btw, good runs...time to get into the 12's i know u can do it..get better tires.

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
RTA Supra said:

HAH! reminds me of that commercial

1 - 20 of 106 Posts