Supra Forums banner

My official recap of HIN LA + PICS!!

807 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  lazysan 
#1 · (Edited)
First and foremost I would like to thank everyone who took the time to show with us. Sirv and I could plan stuff all day but without the team, there is nothing. So thank you guys.

Given the circumstances I think we did awesome. This was all thrown together in roughly 2 weeks before the show and I think with our time frame we want way above and beyond what any other team could have.

For many of you guys it was your first HIN, and for some your first car show. There are a lot of things we could have done differently but it was a learning experience for all of us - including myself.

The main thing that killed us and i do mean KILLED us on points was people walking away from their cars while they were judged. Especially if your windows were up and car was locked. Judges do not like to guess what mods you have, and they even dislike reading lists. They want you to talk and explain every little thing.

I noticed some of you guys that did talk to the judges were a little shy, that's understandable but it's your car. Your pride. Your joy, they are here to listen and appreciate that, you have to pretty much sell yourself as much as you sell the car.

What I liked the most is everyone was talking to eachother at the event. Communication may have been lacking during the planning but when we came together we were a team. We helped eachother and got it done. We may not have got best team according to the judges, but I think half the spectators there would agree: We came, we saw, we CONQUERED.

If there is a next time, we will surely get it down and shock the show scene once again. I mentioned in the other thread there is a HIN in Phoenix Arizona in December. I will be showing at this one and my build should be 100% by then. If there is enough interest I'm more than willing to do this all over again. With SILV being canceled it may be a happy alternative.

I could talk all day about how great we did and how we can imrpove and what we did perfect but I think we all know. I sent a few of you guys that I think went above and beyond some PM's. If I didn't, don't feel left out, you just didn't do shit ;) JK. You all did great. If anyone has any questions or suggestions, feel free to PM me.

I know next time if we have more than 2 weeks and more than 2 people doing all the planning we can dominate the competition.

Onto the pictures!

See less See more
#3 ·
Aw man, you went right past mine :(

#5 ·
Actually, I had the camera hooked up last night but the battery died while it was plugged into the computer amd corrupted 3/4 of the pictures :( I had a lot of individual cars. I think Alek got a few of your car specifically with his camera though.

#6 ·
Good deal. I don't really have any good pictures of the cars. Both my girlfriend and my sister had the cameras. But they somehow managed to get the group photo while I was jumping! I'll be uploading video of all our cars tomorrow. It's going to be a big file. I think I got everyones.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.