Supra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right before I left Japan, I sold my '04 Gixxer 1000 race bike to my crazy Aussie friend. This guy (the gray haired chap in the photos) has some real natural talent on a bike. I took him to his first track day in the spring of '05. He ran some pretty respectable times his first time out, but just kept getting faster. Now he runs close to the 2:00 barrier at Motegi, which is really damn fast, like coming close to what the JSB guys can run on a similar bike. Now, he wins the big fuggin endurance race.

BTW, I came in tenth out of 45 last year in the same race with a couple of friends on a 2005 ZX-6RR. That was my first time ever to ride a 600.

Thread with pics. An amazing story, to boot:

http://gaijinriders.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=5292&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Cliffs: bike has nasty highside during practice, the day before qualifying. Both wheels bent, swingarm bent, tank bent, master cylinder fucked, etc. Bike runs shitty through qualifying, 2nd gear inoperable. By the end of the race, clutch is nearly gone, last lap was nearly 20 seconds off his fastest time. Still got the checkered flag. :bigthumb:

·
ˆê”Ô ƒGƒAƒ�ƒgƒv‚d‚q
1,039 Posts
Thats awsome! I was thinking about going, but things didn't work out to provide me with enough free time. Wish I went though!!!

Ishii

1 - 2 of 2 Posts