Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just thought I'd post a pic or two of my other toy. I love my white supra but I'll always have a place in my heart for this '66.

·
Super Moderator, Piss me off. I dare you.
12,619 Posts
Nice deuce! :) Cleeeeeean...

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, It just turned over 55k miles. I've neglected it since I got the Supra about 3 years ago so it's time to pay a little attention it too.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What kind of performance / specs are on a car like that?

Sorry, I know very little about cars like this.
It's Bone stock. 1966 Chevy II,327-275 Hp, Powerglide, Posi rear, w/55,000 original miles. It was special ordered w/ the 275 Hp engine and posi rear end. I have the original bill of sale and protecto-plate for the warranty. I thought about upgrading the brakes to power disc in the front, but after having it appraised I was told to leave it stock. It still has the original headlights in it!

·
Super Moderator, Piss me off. I dare you.
12,619 Posts
Original lights? :faint: Take that sumbitch to a Barrett-Jackson auction!

An original Nickey Chevrolet of Chicago Chevy II with a dealer-installed Vette-spec 327 just sold for a small fortune.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This car is going to be my 3 yr old son's car one day. My wife and I drove that car away from our wedding. I don't ever look to get rid of it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Nice, still has the orginial T-3 headlights. You are lucky, my father has a similar 1966 (also fawn color with fawn interior and all original with 22,000 miles); however, it only has the 283 (still a good motor). Don't ever take away the originality!!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice, still has the orginial T-3 headlights. You are lucky, my father has a similar 1966 (also fawn color with fawn interior and all original with 22,000 miles); however, it only has the 283 (still a good motor). Don't ever take away the originality!!!
You'll have to PM me some pics of his car. Also have him check out Chevy2Only.com. It's a great place for parts.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Chevy2man- your car is extremely clean, it's difficult to find low mileage, all original cars like that especially in that fawn color. I usually only see the typical red/black II's at car shows.

I thought you guys might like to appreciate this picture. It's a Chevy II with a S/C that was at the recent Naples, FL Exotics and Classics car show:

·
No, ...It was NEVER NA!!!
1,417 Posts
Thats really nice. I dont know if it would have been the same engine,........ but I had a '65 Impala sedan w/ a 327 and a powerglide. I was only the third owner, and it wasnt hop'd up or anything,.... but it would do 80mph in first, and 130 in second. I used it to deliver pizzas!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thats really nice. I dont know if it would have been the same engine,........ but I had a '65 Impala sedan w/ a 327 and a powerglide. I was only the third owner, and it wasnt hop'd up or anything,.... but it would do 80mph in first, and 130 in second. I used it to deliver pizzas!
I bet that car rode nice and smooth. If it had bowtie heads on it with a Carter 4 bbl carb then it was probably the same motor. They really have a nice sound.

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
Nice ride buddy!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts