Supra Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Banned
3,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i took apart the cluster to replace the tach with a TRD tach but unfortunately for me the tach was the wrong one for my car.

So i put the NA tach back on. Then i noticed as im driving that rpms are going over 5000 rpm and its only boosting at about 4psi- 5psi.

i couldn't figure it out.

So then driving into work by accident i hit the overdrive button and what do you know the light doesn't come on. so i drive with the OD button in and out but its still the same.

Before when i use to be in overdrive and hit the button by accident to the off position the rmps would go high.

My conclusion is that the OD is not engaging hence the high rpms. My light is not flashing or even on for that matter. What could be the problem?

· wasting my life on SF
2,558 Posts
this is not an exact answer to your question, but the short of it is, you (most likely) did not re-instal your tach correctly. Go back and check all connections. something is getting messed up from the trans/odometer/tach/trans.

My car is having a similar issue.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=433076

sorry i could not be more help.

· Banned
3,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i know about that thread its not that though.

i know it has something to do with my tach not being connecting correctly.

my MANU button is working either.

Not sure where i went wrong with the tach they are only 3 harnesses that plug into the back of the cluster and i know for sure those are in.

Am i missing something else?

· Registered
824 Posts
are u running oem ecu ? i am GE stock and i had the same issue turned out to be the ecu. I would suggest to borrow a KNOWN fully working ecu and test i out. I know a couple of ppl that had the same issue and ecu swap help

· From the land down under
5,626 Posts
Check the small screws that hold the tacho to the circuit board "ribbon". One of them is an earth so if its not tight it might be causing your issues.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.