Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Your Neighborhood Pikey
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy New Year to all! The weather was really nice today so I thought I would pull out the Supra and snap some shots for all to see. It's a rare 2 tone car that I love very much. It's all original and it only has 54281 miles on it. It's been in my family since my dad bought it in June of 1987. My dad kept the car original in every way and then passed it along to me two years ago. When he gave it to me the car had about 40,000 miles on it, and I've put about 15,000 on it since I've had it. Of course, the car is far from original now, but it is still pampered. Anyway, I just wanted to show other Supra owners a rare pampered Supra! I love the car and I hope everyone appreciates their Supras like I do. There's no other car like them.

- Hams

·
boost freak
10,042 Posts
eek. that is horrid....but in amazing shape! stupid '80s colors.

as an aside, that has to be one of the rarest MKIIIs made. that color option was available for <'87 IIRC.

·
Your Neighborhood Pikey
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha that's a funny question! The hatch used to rattle and squeek but I replaced the rubber butt-ends on each side of the hatch, and it's quiet now. Occasionally, that wood floor that covers the spare tire will rattle if I hit a big bump.... Other than that, the car is dead silent on the road... Do other Supras rattle a lot?

- Hams

·
Canada, Eh?
2,397 Posts
might be 80s colors, but i like the two tone. actually considered painting mine....

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Who made your hard pipes? and how?

·
Your Neighborhood Pikey
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mk3supraholic said:
what happend at the bottom of your front bumper did you hit a curb or somthin
My dad hit a racoon I think... It happened 10 years ago or close to it... One day when I repaint the car it will receive a new front end.... I wish the Bomex front lip was compatible with the older front end... It's cheaper than the stock rubber piece...

- Hams.

·
Your Neighborhood Pikey
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ckanderson said:
Who made your hard pipes? and how?
Those are Defcon pipes that are powdercoated black...

Thanks for all the complements guys! Can't wait to meet many of you at the 2K4 event this year!

- Hams.

·
Your Neighborhood Pikey
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thermactor said:
If it's not repainted the original two-tone MSB I will personally drive down to Georgia to kick your ass. :D
Hell no! Two-Tone only man! It's 80's all the way man, and I love it that way... The only thing I get tired of is the penut butter interior.... But, Toyota should have offered a black interior back then...

·
Registered
269 Posts
My 86.5 NA is that exact same color, I really like it, not many people do though...

G

·
0 Posts
Maybe Im just strange but i like your interior.. awesome to see one of the older models out there still in such good orgional shape!!

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
have you noticed how all the supercars nowadays hace the same colour interior as you? Ie. 2002 Koenigsegg ... personally i dont like it, but a ton of new supercars are looking like that now...

car is in good shape...

Ang

·
Your Neighborhood Pikey
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the complements guys, I really appreciate it!

- Hams.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts