Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
"DANNY TANNER!!!"
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i pulled out plug #1 today after replacing all my plugs with NGK iridiums and after a good 1/2 hour drive i brought the car home and checked out plug #1....the plugs was just as white as the color of my car....yikes....so my mods are simple and basic. BIC DDP, test pipe, tanabe cat-back, FMIC, 2.5" hardpipes, BOV, FIPK..and i can hit fuel cut at 12 PSI with no boost controller.

so i'm trying to narrow down the reasons as to why my plugs are white. I think it could be:
1)bad gas
2)timing is advanced too much
3)fuel injectors are clogged
4)fuel pump is dying

any ideas?

·
Registered
503 Posts
if you hitting fuel cut wouldn't that cause it? correct me if Im wrong but white plugs = lean/high egt's.

·
"DANNY TANNER!!!"
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i didn't even boost hard at all today. Kept the revs below 4000 RPM and didn't give it WOT once....and yet the plugs were white as a ghost.

·
"DANNY TANNER!!!"
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
probably a litle more then 2 years i would say....the car is only driven 6 months of the year so i doubt that my o2 sensor is cooked.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
doesn't white = lean?

usually when your O2 sensor is going out it goes rich...

I'd check the timing since it's the easiest thing to do, then go from there...

·
Grumpy Old Man
4,210 Posts
Sorry was just thinking out loud..

Poodles correct.

Part throttle in our cars is a bit lean but not that lean (around 75% they open the taps)

I wouldn't let it make ANY boost until it's sorted Derk or you're going to damage parts.

·
"DANNY TANNER!!!"
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
alright i'll throw in another twist. I'm pretty sure that my turbo is burning oil so is there any possibility that the turbo could be mixing coolant in with the oil, thus causing my white spark plug problem???

I really don't think that i'm running lean.....my bumper on my car is black which tends to mean rich conditions.

·
Buddy thought I had a NA
2,476 Posts
umm i can answer this qestion really fast you fill up at petro canada don't you or alot more then others

this si what petro gas does it not bad for the motor it in fact keep build up of carbo off the piston and cyc head but will leav whiet shit every were so ti don't stick

1 - 9 of 9 Posts