Supra Forums banner

41 - 60 of 228 Posts

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Finished installing my kit waiting for the tune. Perfect fitment with everything needed to get the install done in one go. The manifold fitted beautifully and lines routed fine for RHD. Thank you very much Power House Racing, heres hoping the tune puts out some good power.

Let us know how it comes out!!!!

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
You recommend the 1 bar 14psi spring? I'm debating if I should use a lower one like .8 11.6psi or .9 13psi springs. I combine the colors right?
Can you take a picture of the waste gate mounted? Not sure of the angle away from manifold/ dump tube.
Thanks
Vic

·
2JZ
834 Posts
VicTT, did you want a picture of the wastegate mounted as you are unsure if it clears the engine mount/manifold? I found that the flange actually angles the wastegate away from both pieces and fitment is great.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
That is correct. I want to make sure everything is angled perfectly before I put It on.
Thanks!
Vic

VicTT, did you want a picture of the wastegate mounted as you are unsure if it clears the engine mount/manifold? I found that the flange actually angles the wastegate away from both pieces and fitment is great.

·
2JZ
834 Posts
VicTT everything is angled perfect. If you look at the waste gate flange the mounting tab is angled outwards pending on how you look at it so just bolt the waste gate flange with the angle pointing away from the block and that way you are guaranteed the waste gate will clear everything.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have this kit installed in my car with 6766, everything bolt up without problems PERFECT fit.

Some pics, now waiting to install my fuel system and head parts, GSC S1, BC Springs, transmission, RPS, etc... Waiting for some nice results on pump gas :)

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
:crazy: wow! makes be want to switch my 6266 for the 6766. I didn't even have a chance to install mine yet...
Vic

·
2JZ
834 Posts
Sorry quick update with mine since its the older PHR street kit, I pumped out 480WHP on low boost before the stock clutch slipped so I have now got a triple plate to put in. Tuner said I can expect close to 600WHP on pump BP98. Fingers crossed I make that or close to it once my clutch is in.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Sorry quick update with mine since its the older PHR street kit, I pumped out 480WHP on low boost before the stock clutch slipped so I have now got a triple plate to put in. Tuner said I can expect close to 600WHP on pump BP98. Fingers crossed I make that or close to it once my clutch is in.
What turbo and size of injectors? I run 1000cc Injector Dynamics

·
Registered
446 Posts
Ok this might have been addressed before but I am also installing the same kit and wanted to know what you did with the stock air flow sensor ? Also do I have to prime the oil lines and turbo before i fir it up to make sure it's lubed up. I am pretty much a novice so any help would be appreciated!

·
Banned
295 Posts
I've done a couple of the old kits, but the principal is the same. If you're running a factory computer then you must install the stock air flow sensor. You will need to fit it between the pipe and the air filter. I've seen people get a silicone coupler and heat it up and stretch it over the air flow sensor. Yes, priming the oil for the turbo is always a good idea. A method we've used with success, is to open the fuse box behind the batter and take out the green 30A EFI fuse, which will allow you to turn the engine over without starting the engine.

We turn the engine over in 'sets'. Turn engine over for 5 seconds, stop, wait 10 seconds do it again (5x).

Others have their own techniques, but this has worked well for me.

Ok this might have been addressed before but I am also installing the same kit and wanted to know what you did with the stock air flow sensor ? Also do I have to prime the oil lines and turbo before i fir it up to make sure it's lubed up. I am pretty much a novice so any help would be appreciated!

·
2JZ
834 Posts
What turbo and size of injectors? I run 1000cc Injector Dynamics
Hey I am running Sard 650CC drop in injectors and the turbo is the older Turbonetics GT60 that came with their kit.

2JZGTE94$ - Prime the oil lines by pulling the EFI fuse so the car wont start, crank it over a minute to get oil flowing then keep cranking at intervals purging the old oil out till nice clean oil flows through and out the line. Then fit the oil feed line to the turbo, what I did is use a funnel to fill the turbo with oil just to make sure things are lubed up (this is just what I did it might be wrong as to what others have done)

·
2JZ
834 Posts
2JZGTE94$ I welded my unused coolant nipples shut but you can use a rubber hose/ bolt and RTV sealant to seal them up then attach them and place a hose clamp on the nipple end to securely hold the hose in place.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Dumb question

Hey supdawgtt i have got a lot done but am having problems with the exhaust manifold , the 4 bolts they gave me to mate the turbo tho the manifold are double sided threaded bolts with a nut that goes on , but I can't get the bolt all the way into the manifold and it hits the exhaust housing on the turbo . I don't know if i am just restarted or they gave me the wrong bolts. Probably the first lol.

·
2JZ
834 Posts
From the images on their website the threaded bolts had a center hex that you should be able to attach a spanner to to wind them into the manifold. If after that they still hit it may be that you have bolts that are too long. I would wind them down into the flange using the appropriate spanner till the hex section is at the base of the flange.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I had to trim the studs that go into the manifold in order fit the turbo exhaust housing properly.

41 - 60 of 228 Posts