1 - nice write up.

2 - that dog got ups

3 - perhaps one of the more ghetto oil returns I have seen

4 - any numbers?

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And what would you suggest for the oil return? We didn't want to spend a full day pulling the suspension back down to pull the oil pan, we'll probably fix it when we pull the motor later this year.

No numbers yet, but fromt he air flow numbers we have we're guessing around 500whp at 10-11 psi. No dyno yet.

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
1320Video said:
And what would you suggest for the oil return? We didn't want to spend a full day pulling the suspension back down to pull the oil pan, we'll probably fix it when we pull the motor later this year.

No numbers yet, but fromt he air flow numbers we have we're guessing around 500whp at 10-11 psi. No dyno yet.
put an ass load of grease on your drill bit and drill a hole...dont go too deep, as soon as it breaks the hole, pull out - you dont want to hit a oil pickup or something. the butt load of grease will trap most of the filings... then thread it accordingly - obviously have the oil drained doing this. grease your finger up and stick it in and pick up anything that fell in( usually not much) then put on your nipple and attach your hose... I usually leave the oil plug out and run some mineral spirits through afterwards too for any very small filings. - fill it with oil and do another change after a couple hundred miles I have doen this method - as well as a lot of others with no problems with filings or anything. some people think its risky, but flyin miata even uses this method and they have turboed 100's of cars.

To each there own but I think it looks much cleaner.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
we did the exact same method you were talking about, but were told that it was not thick/strong enough to thread, so we welded it.

Thank you for the suggestion, we'll be making it cleaner when the motor is pulled

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
1320Video said:
we did the exact same method you were talking about, but were told that it was not thick/strong enough to thread, so we welded it.

Thank you for the suggestion, we'll be making it cleaner when the motor is pulled
nah - trust me, even with only a few threads it will hold just fine. there is not as much pressure on a return hose. but to each his own. Doug has the good idea as well as running a quick weld around the nipple too. That will work fine. Its just the big home depot pipe looks shitty because everythign else looks like it was done nicely u know?

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hahahah, naw, I dont need to be that much of a sleeper, that V6 bumper is ugly

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Lintrix said:
Great writup!

Make sure you use atleast 93 octane gas =)
LOL, it jumps from 92 octane to 100 octane here

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
blank said:
Good luck not cracking any welds, no flex sections or bracing :eek:
good luck looking at my site again

There's plenty of joints to allow for flex.

the entire exhaust setup is connected to the motor, and nothing else until you get to the exhaust, which has a flex pipe

The intake piping has silicone couplers which give plenty of flex for the little flex that I might get.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts