Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I couldn't find my other post to revise, so heres a new one. Just got done unmasking it and I couldn't be happier! I ended up going with Dodge Viper Red. It scared me in the paint booth because it looked REALLY orange but once it got out of the florecent lights it looked great. I'll post more when its all back together too.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well its not wrecked anymore! thats step one on my list. Next I need to track down some nicer interior pieces, paint the wheels, then NA-T or 1.5jz. Time and money will tell.

·
Champagne Papi
5,697 Posts
Go with black carpet, an autopower roll bar, 2 Bride seats with Takata harness's, Black SC dash with custom gauges put in the CD/Radio area and a pop out 7" LCD screen.

Motor... I say go with the 2JZ + V160 .. with a T51R with supporting mods and BL FMIC kit with a 4" turbo back.

And for wheels go with 18x10.5 all around Volk Time attack CE28's.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Turned out really nice. If you don't mind me asking how much did the complete paint end up costing? And copy what Pakman said, you can't go wrong with that setup.

·
Who's the Master?!
4,073 Posts
Nice color. I don't mean to go OT, but wouldn't it be a bit unsafe to have a rollbar in a daily driver (when you don't have a helmet)? The likelihood of hitting your head on it in a crash is what scares me.

·
Wangan Nasty
1,807 Posts
You do not need a rollbar for chassis stiffening (there are ways to do it without using bars), however if you are going to cage it, only way to really cage it is welding it into the chassis (there is no way around it if you want it to work) However, there are foam and pads you can put on the cages to help (but works best with helmet).

Simpson harnesses are a lot nicer than takata harnesses (are track approved in the USA, and look a lot less tackier), and one bride seat for the driver is enough.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
thanks guys. No plans for a roll cage just yet. It may be red but trust me, its not fast.

cost? well I did 95% of the work myself and I have good friends to help with the rest. From being hit on both sides to what it is now with no expence spared in materials, I'd say I'm about 2 grand into it.

·
Champagne Papi
5,697 Posts
You do not need a rollbar for chassis stiffening (there are ways to do it without using bars), however if you are going to cage it, only way to really cage it is welding it into the chassis (there is no way around it if you want it to work) However, there are foam and pads you can put on the cages to help (but works best with helmet).

Simpson harnesses are a lot nicer than takata harnesses (are track approved in the USA, and look a lot less tackier), and one bride seat for the driver is enough.
Actually if it was me.. i'd ditch Takata's ugly green harnesses and go with Shcroth(sp?). And also I don't think he "needs" a roll bar. I would just rock one anyway.

·
They giggle
1,935 Posts
Yeah, I noticed that too. Would've been better to remove them, so when you take them off, you don't have the old color underneath. I'm taking all that shit off when I send my Celica for a color change.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
car looks great.. but i'd chrome those wheels if u decide to keep them. gunmetal and red doesnt look right to me

1 - 20 of 29 Posts