Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all supra owners and enthusiasts!

This is my first introduction to the forums and it's been an honor to see/learn so much from everyone on here. In 2014 I was lucky enough to land a deal on a beautiful red supra, rented a trailer, took a 6 hour ride, picked up the car of my dreams and have been in awe ever since. At first glimpse the car was beautiful although I came to find it had numerous boost leaks and other odds and ends to tend to but none the less still a fine example. It's a factory tt true 6 speed car and all it had done to it was nothing more than a hks intercooler along with a couple other basic bolt ons but nothing too serious. Once I got the car home I jumped right on into it to start addressing the issues which led to lots of late night's, forum searching and etc. Once I got deeper into the tear down and saw just how much needed to be repaired then I knew I had a decision to make. Little did I know that with doing a single conversion I would embark in a 5 year journey of trial and errors but it was all worth it in the end. I have finally been enjoying the car this year for the first time and couldn't be more ecstatic!

·
Kappa Check 1 2
682 Posts
Not sure if it's an issue with the carbon hood, but I highly suggest getting/re-installing the little hooks that go at the back of the bay besides the fenders (either side of the cowl at bottom of windshield, just forward of the hood hinges), just in case. With metal hoods those are there to keep the hood from slicing through the car and into the driver/passenger in the case of a front end impact. Again I'm not sure if it's not needed for carbon hoods, just wanted to point that out!

Car looks great and bay looks clean!

-Rich

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not sure if it's an issue with the carbon hood, but I highly suggest getting/re-installing the little hooks that go at the back of the bay besides the fenders (either side of the cowl at bottom of windshield, just forward of the hood hinges), just in case. With metal hoods those are there to keep the hood from slicing through the car and into the driver/passenger in the case of a front end impact. Again I'm not sure if it's not needed for carbon hoods, just wanted to point that out!

Car looks great and bay looks clean!

-Rich
Thank you Rich! I suppose maybe I could add the hinges and modify the hood some but the hood didn't come with pre cut holes and the car was missing them when I acquired it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts