Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased this mk4 supra.
Has a lot of goodies came with a few things from japan.

Opinions welcome

·
I turn my own wrenches!
5,338 Posts
Congratulations on the purchase. I would say ditch the rims, CF vinyl panel wrapping, and the e brake handle needs addressing.

Not a big fan of body kits, but the car looks nice and straight! Definitely a good starting point TT and assuming the w58 was replaced with a 6 spd. 🙂

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congratulations on the purchase. I would say ditch the rims, CF vinyl panel wrapping, and the e brake handle needs addressing.

Not a big fan of body kits, but the car looks nice and straight! Definitely a good starting point TT and assuming the w58 was replaced with a 6 spd.
Taking all those things into consideration

I had it stored for a while doing some things to it!
Can you guys tell what brakes these are?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
From the land down under
4,390 Posts
The front look like Brembo, but not sure on the rears.

The photos are taken with the wheels obscuring the calipers too, which isnt helping to identify them easily.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The front look like Brembo, but not sure on the rears.

The photos are taken with the wheels obscuring the calipers too, which isnt helping to identify them easily.
Thank you ill have em take pics with the wheels off, maybe you guys with more experience may be able to identify them on sight

·
From the land down under
4,390 Posts
The rears "may be" OEM 2 pot rears, that have had the Supra script logo removed or painted over, but a better pic will confirm that.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pickee it uo from where it was being stored, got it on a flat bed truck and sent it home.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got a new steering wheel, that is not as loud and a bit more in tune with the interior

Before

After

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Old sideskirts and bomex rear spats out!

Waiting on the oem sideskirts, should be on soon.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bought a BNIB E Brake handle... this seems like it was used for drifting

·
Registered
704 Posts
That's a piggyback I think. Still running NA computer too?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
Doubt it- I would be surprised if it did.

It already has a GTE swap.

But then again, I dunno shit. I'm still learning. LoL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
90 Posts
Doubt it- I would be surprised if it did.

It already has a GTE swap.

But then again, I dunno shit. I'm still learning. LoL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
So likely running a gte ECU with that piggy back for fuel.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
10,381 Posts
Nice Supra! Looks like you're making good progress on updating the exterior and interior parts!

There's no way to run a GTE ignition system with a GE's ECU so the ECU was swapped at the same time for sure. The engine is from a Supra RZ as well so it likely just got the whole wiring harness and everything else from the RZ donor car. The Fcon IS is an effective but simple piggyback that works great for basic 'boost up' mods and such on stock or near-stock sized injectors. I wouldn't bother messing with it for now so long as the car runs well and makes good power.

The front calipers look like Brembo F40's but the interesting thing is the rotor. The Brembo GT Big brake kits all use a 2-pc rotor, and those rotors appear to be 1-pc, so I'm curious as to the nature of the kit itself. Judging by the intake piping on the engine, the car saw the attention of someone with some fabrication talent, so I wouldn't be surprised if the brackets are one-off custom jobs to suit whatever rotors those are and the Brembo brakes came from a totally different source.

Does the car have a 5spd or 6spd transmission? Nice score either way! But if you've got a 5spd, try to get some pictures of the underside so we can tell you if it's the original NA W58 box or a stronger R154.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nice Supra! Looks like you're making good progress on updating the exterior and interior parts!

There's no way to run a GTE ignition system with a GE's ECU so the ECU was swapped at the same time for sure. The engine is from a Supra RZ as well so it likely just got the whole wiring harness and everything else from the RZ donor car. The Fcon IS is an effective but simple piggyback that works great for basic 'boost up' mods and such on stock or near-stock sized injectors. I wouldn't bother messing with it for now so long as the car runs well and makes good power.

The front calipers look like Brembo F40's but the interesting thing is the rotor. The Brembo GT Big brake kits all use a 2-pc rotor, and those rotors appear to be 1-pc, so I'm curious as to the nature of the kit itself. Judging by the intake piping on the engine, the car saw the attention of someone with some fabrication talent, so I wouldn't be surprised if the brackets are one-off custom jobs to suit whatever rotors those are and the Brembo brakes came from a totally different source.

Does the car have a 5spd or 6spd transmission? Nice score either way! But if you've got a 5spd, try to get some pictures of the underside so we can tell you if it's the original NA W58 box or a stronger R154.
Thanks, as for now it seems to have a 5spd transmission.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts