Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is the hatch installation that I did......the targa still goes in fine but no spare tire......will have pics of the 6.5" speaker mounting plates for front doors in a few days.....

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im gonna redo it with grey vinyl soon, the red is too bright.....i used to have another rockford amp that went where that PPI is and it fit perfectly and looked a lot better, but i'd rather have sound quality than looks.........

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And you said that system could hang with my old one. HA!

One CV a PPI and RF amp?? C'mon you can do better than that...

Your doing nuttin but throwing a Best Buy system at me. Hehe.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I never said it was louder or better than yours......I just said I thought my installation was pretty good for being an amateur...... and that is what is in there because I currently have $3.50 in my savings account. You don't even wanna know what headunit I have.....biggest POS there is...

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL, I was playing man. It does look good. Where did you get the red vinyl from? Or the vinyl period?

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just a regular fabric store, and I used 1/4" padding underneath it. I'm going to redo it in grey and make the cutout for the PPI amp smaller to make it fit better sometime this week probably. I would like to get a JLW3 and get a new headunit and I would be satisfied with the system, but no $$$. You can't see it, but there is a 1-farad cap underneath all that.

PS.. that 4-guage wire was a bitch to run all the way back.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice. 4 Gauge? Try running 1/0 Gauge all the way back the shit barely has any flex to it. And is about 1/2" thick. PITA to even cut the damn thing had to use bolt cutters to do it.

Im gonna go with a few 10W6's in the Lex...

·
Canada, Eh?
2,397 Posts
ill post pics of my install when its done in about a month (i hope). 2 10" Massive Audio Competition Series subs, ported, a Massive Audio RS40.4 amp on a moving amp rack, and Boston Rally 6.5 components in the front (possibly replaced with Massive Audio components).

ill be building the fiberglass spare tire well enclosure over the next week, and im getting the amp rack welded on thursday or friday.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
amp rack welded? :wtf:
You like adding tons of needless weight to your car or is it for security?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
NeedsBoost said:
amp rack welded? :wtf:
You like adding tons of needless weight to your car or is it for security?

Heck yea, I know when I go to the track I always load up the bags of concrete in the back for better traction!!!!!:D

·
Canada, Eh?
2,397 Posts
the rack is built with 1/2" aluminum sqaure tubing. the rack weighs less than 1 pound. the amp weighs about 20. ill take it out when i go autocrossing. using stock mounting points, it wont be too hard. all together, with the subs, amp, amp rack, and fiberglass/mdf box, at the most it will be 100 lbs. my last system weighed 85 bounds, and that was for the same amp, 2 12" subs, and a full mdf box. the box and subs weighed around 50 lbs im sure..... a PITA so get out for autocrossing.... but a hatch will make it easier. if i need to race that badly on the street, ill kick the passenger out....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts