Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Powderin my balls since07
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so my supra got towed 2day because it was parked outside of my fiances apt complex over night. As pissed as i was, it was parked there because i locked tha keys inside of it. when i went to pull it out i asked them if they could get me INTO tha car so i can get tha keys, they said no. so i took tha title 2 toyota, and they said im SOL, they cannot make tha key...unless i take tha passenger door panel off and take tha lock cylinder out, and bring it to them, because they do not have any record for an 88. So i figured is there anyway someone can get tha key from tha vin?
if so...
JT2MA71J1J0095001 is tha vin number
someone HELP ME PLEASE!
thx
~Ahmed

·
I Love Lamp...
2,184 Posts
This is a fragile topic, there is alot i want to say, but at the same time alot i really shouldnt say. So the only advice ill give you is just have a locksmith come out pay him $20 and have him open it up. Get your keys and get a few copies made and keep one in your wallet.

·
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they wont let me, they are assholes, and they said if i dont have tha key i can't take tha car out...but plz speak your mind...

·
I Love Lamp...
2,184 Posts
They wont let you have a locksmith come down, even with you holding the title as proof its your car? Sounds like they are trying to rip you.

·
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
selz202 said:
They wont let you have a locksmith come down, even with you holding the title as proof its your car? Sounds like they are trying to rip you.
They are, she lives in tha not very nice part of town, and they take advantage.... regardless....i should write a letter lol

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
selz202 said:
I agree Ahmed. They are probably trying to hold it to charge up the storage fees. I don't even know why the police has given these towing companies so much power...
BTW, you should go to the police with this and state your case about the keys locked inside the car and they not letting you get to it...that sounds shady bro...

·
two wheels is all i need
1,232 Posts
um

any supra key should open the door, it Wont however unlock the egnition... I know it works cause my friend has an 87 i got an 89, i opened his car up no prob, but the key wouldnt start the car.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
^not true

·
I Love Lamp...
2,184 Posts
ahmedootie said:
They are, she lives in tha not very nice part of town, and they take advantage.... regardless....i should write a letter lol
No you should call the police and go down there with them, the title and a locksmith.

·
Registered
249 Posts
go down with a bunch of random toyota keys, ones bound to open it. My camry key opens my supra, my supra key opens and starts the camry and the corolla key can open the doors on both. :bigthumb:

·
1991 1JZ
1,157 Posts
be sure to take them to court once you get your car back, sue them for whatever fees they try to charge you.

·
what would jesus drift?
987 Posts
i would definitly let them know that since you have title in hand, you also have a lawyer on the phone.. and let them know you are not paying the storage fee's, alot of times it's like 100 bucks a night isn't it?

didn't the apt maniger call the tow company to have it towed? if so you should rag on he/her that the should have reconizged the car since you have been over soo many times... and possibly challenge them to aid in tow bill or what ever..

·
It's only the beginning..
690 Posts
brewster said:
wire coat hanger.
I've done this, works like a charm.

Take the cops down there, seriously, that's bs, if you have the title in your hand, they have to let you open your car. I also agree with the taking to court part too.

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
as stated

title in hand, cops following and locksmith on the side. They can not legally deny you access to your car. That how they steal shit.

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts

1 - 20 of 64 Posts