Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The shop that recently installed the GReddy BCC didnt install it corectly. When I got the car dynoed all they did was hook it up, werent they supposed to tune the BCC while tunning the car? I cant even go above 100 MPH without hitting boost cut. This is rediculous need some help here guys.

·
i always say toyota !
2,761 Posts
2JZGTE SC said:
The shop that recently installed the GReddy BCC didnt install it corectly. When I got the car dynoed all they did was hook it up, werent they supposed to tune the BCC while tunning the car? I cant even go above 100 MPH without hitting boost cut. This is rediculous need some help here guys.

what are you trying to say? you can't go over 100MPH with out hitting boost cut? :scratch:

·
T88 YOU
3,567 Posts
you mean you cant build boost in 4th gear on the dyno? it has nothing to do with speed, its relative to boost. yes, techincally they should have hooked it up to B+ and checked with a dvom for no more than 4.3v (or 4.1 for OBDII) and if it was you have to take the cover off and spin the little screw out, if this is not done it doesnt do you any good! why dont you just pull off the green wire and stick it with your dvom, then jump more than 5 volts (5-12) to the white wire and see what your voltage is, if its too much just screw it out til its right, if you have obdI i would set it at like 4.0 and 4.2 for obdII, wont matter much, just below the above numbers. should take you 15 mins max!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info, but after he installed the BCC the dyno was successful, he did a 4th gear pull several times. It pretty much when im in 5th or 6th gear, it cuts out no matter what. I dont exactly have a boost controller its a wastegate t-mod type of thing,~~ the shop hooked it up the way it is, b/c I wasnt able to get a BC. So should I start messing with this thing.

Also what is a dvom.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so do u think i should give it a should with a volt ohm meter? It really usx not being able to go high speeds. I dont want to bring it back to that shop im completly done with those fools

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
It is a rather easy installation. Check the wiring and see if it was done right. Plenty or write ups in the forum, just search.

·
Registered
307 Posts
If you have a small volt meter you should be able to tune it yourself. You can buy one in SEARS for 20.00 bucks or so...

Do this and you should be fine!!!

this text is extracted from MKIV.com and written by By Brian Beezley - I am NO way taking credit for it

Inside the BCC shell is a screw that provides adjustment of the peak voltage output. Since the ECU uses the TPS V data for many functions, you want this set only as low as needed to avoid fuel cut, and not unnecessarily lower. The setting as it comes from Greddy is usable but lower than necessary, and varies from unit to unit. You could roughly set it by just repeatedly driving your car at max boost and slowly turning the screw counterclockwise to reduce the peak voltage output until you no longer hit fuel cut. But this is a crude method compared to adjusting it precisely by measurement with a volt meter, as follows:

1. The Connections for Voltage Tune assume your BCC is uninstalled. To Volt tune after the BCC is fully installed, you will need to disconnect the BCC's green and white wires to proceed, but may leave the red and black wires installed.

2. Red BCC wire to any 12V source such as car battery +

3. Black BCC wire, and negative probe of your voltmeter, to ground of same battery.

4. White BCC wire to any automotive voltage source of 5-12V. Simplest is to use the 12V source same as red wire. Others have used the 6V output of a battery charger, doesn't matter because any Input of 5-12v to the BCC will give the same Output for a given adjustment screw setting.

5. Green BCC wire to the positive probe of your voltmeter.

6. Turn screw to provide voltmeter reading of Nearly but Not More Than: 4.3 V for 93-95 cars; 4.1 V for 96-98 cars.

If you install the BCC wrong you will get Boost cut, you could get the Track Light ON, you could get a Warning for TPS failure, and some other...
It all happened when I did it the first time.

After tuning you could get it installed yourself following the directions some one linked a little earlier in the the thread...

I have an HKS EVC EZ installed and do not have any problems boosting around 15 psig

Good luck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts